jcwons

70cm oven dilemma

House Bunny
4 years ago

Hi,
We need to replace our oven some time soon as its not working properly.
The issue is that the oven is 70cm wide.
There are very few ovens available at this size - they do exist but I'd basically have no choice, I'd just be picking it based on the width.
I've been reading about steam ovens, convection ovens, induction hobs, WiFi enabled ovens, etc. which sound amazing and I'd really love to buy an oven which suits our needs/wants.
I don't whether it would be possible to get a 60cm oven and then uses spacers (things that they put in small gaps when fitting kitchens} to make it look OK? Or whether it would just look silly and I'd regret it.
The oven is in between two kitchen cabinets (veneer oak}, with a dark granite worktop. It was fitted by the house's previous owners over 10 years ago so I doubt I'll be able to get an exact match but didn't know if i could get something in say stainless steel to give then appearance the oven fits the gap?
If anyone has any thoughts on what to do I'd really love to hear them, particularly if you've ever filled in a gap like this or know where to source spacers!

Comments (11)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.