anne_ticehurst64

44mm pair maker for french doors

A T
4 years ago

After accidentally losing a wood/glass partition between the living room and hall during our renovation, I had to source a fire-resistant replacement. I bought 2 glazed fire doors (44mm thick) and requested a matching pair maker, to create french doors. The doors were fitted today and the pair maker, when unpacked, turned out to be for 35mm doors. On enquiry, it turns out that the supplier doesn't sell 44mm pair makers.

I have found a new supplier but there's a pretty long lead time. It's an acceptable fallback, but I'm going to spend a couple of days looking for alternative, faster suppliers.

Can anyone advise on where 44mm pair makers can be made/purchased? 44mm is more in keeping with external doors, but I imagine they're usually sold as part of a door set rather than individually.

Comment

Ireland
    Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.