ceeroxsta

monstera adansonii

ceeroxsta
4 years ago

Help my monstera adansonii is droppy and the stems that were standing are now falling. Don’t know why this is happening. I water once a week and spray the leaves. I keep it of of direct sunlights. Some of the leaves are curling too

Comments (2)

• Emmanuelle
    4 years ago

I would say you water too often. Do you make sure any water is left in the white pot after watering? I water mine every 2 weeks; but then, I give it a good soaking. I never spray water on it though...

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Most poorly house plants are killed by overwatering. Although it doesn’t look too wet. Always check the soil is nice and dry before watering. If it’s still a bit damp then don’t water. Spraying is good so carry on with that. I’m not sure whether your Monstera is beyond help, but may be worth removing from its pot to check the roots. Are they white and nice and fat? Then it is saveable. If the roots are brown or mushy then it’s had it. If the soil is wet but roots are good, I would gently remove some of compost and repot it with new dryer compost, then leave it.

it may also be worth checking that there aren’t any mites on it sapping it’s energy. Below is a photo from The House Plant Expert that may help.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.