penny_russell21

Designers unable to redesign my kitchen

Penny Russell
4 years ago

Kitchen as it is now

have been trying to get a new kitchen designed and installed for the last 12 months. I live in an open plan apartment. The living area is approximately 10m x 8.5m, with the kitchen area being 2.9m by 2.3m. I have had multiple kitchen companies out to quote and give me designs, one company even refunded a £250 render and design fee as he stated there was nothing he could do with the space! All the designs that are coming back to me are pretty much an identical layout to what is currently installed. As you will see from the pics, there is hardly any storage, work surface or space for a dishwasher. There are 2 partial reveal walls in kitchen area, separating it from main living dining area (Which i have no problem being knocked down) I need some inspiration. Please see the pic of how it is currently, the render (i was refunded) and the other designs, kitchen designers have provided me. Any inspiration and trade recommendations would be greatly appreciated. One fitter has mentioned as the space is so small many companies are‘t interested in the job as it is not big enough

Comments (14)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.