damien_kelly66

Laminate Floor onto v low pile carpet?

Damien Kelly
4 years ago

Hi all, not quite a home question but i'm starting a small business and want to install some laminate wood effect flooring (physio business). There is currently v short pile 'office style' carpet in the room but as ill have a 5 year lease and need to return it to it original condition eventually i'm wondering is it possible to install laminate directly onto low pile carpet? I have read some articles saying yes and others no. it would be a 'click' in type with no glue.... i'm wondering if the carpet would do the job of the underlay anyway for shock absorption etc.

Welcome any advice or tips if any of you have experience in this?

Many thanks

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Italian Design Ltd
    4 years ago

Yes it would work, but best if you buy a cheap underlay. You can find very cheap underlay on Ebay for like £1 per sqm. If you are in a flat you need to look at the terms of your lease though. BTW we sell laminate at £14+Vat happy to help you with that.

Damien Kelly thanked Italian Design Ltd
  • Damien Kelly
    Original Author
    4 years ago

thats great thank you... do you think underlay is needed underneath alright? and if so should i go for a thin one? happy to have a look and see what you have... thanks

• PRO
    House 2 Home Design
    4 years ago

to be perfectly honest sorry but i dont see why you need underlay. the low pile carpet will act as an underlay so lay straight on...

Damien Kelly thanked House 2 Home Design
  • Damien Kelly
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you both... appreciate your help. If anyone else has experience in this also, keen to gather as many great opinions as possible

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.