t_graylish

It's crazy but it might just work...

T Gray
4 years ago

Inspiration from the community on here has led me to think I can do something a bit daft. So thanks for that every one! ;)

My lovely brother agreed to house/cat sit for us whilst we went away for our 25th wedding anniversary. As he was bringing his girlfriend to stay to I thought it would be nice if the spare room looked a bit better. This idea then very quickly developed into a crazy scheme to do a 'boutique-hotel-style' bedroom.

In all the rooms we have done so far, we have discovered that having one piece that you can plan the room around really focuses the thinking for the design of the room. In the dining room it is the 16 sided (round) table, the library it was the chaise and paino, the study was the teal sofa. For this bedroom, I found a duvet cover from Next that I really liked. The difficult bit was then to figure out how to make the Ikea oak furniture work with it. The main colour of the duvet matched an archived F&B colour called Drawing Room Blue. Now I have been dying to use a dark scheme somewhere and this proved the perfect opportunity. Crazy dark royal/navy blue it was to be. The thought of it was somewhat terrifying though!

Comments (17)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.