frenchandwestcott

Timber Sliding Doors transform Kitchen extension

Our clients commissioned us to make and install these large span timber windows using Imago Lift and Slide hardware which incorporates an almost flush cill.

They hated the dark and poky feel of their dining room and not being able to see the sky as a result of a low beam.

A contractor installed new steel beams flush with the ceiling to allow almost floor to ceiling glazing.

The timber used is Accoya which is guaranteed to be rot free for 50 years, it is extremely stable so hardly moves which means the doors won't warp and jam over time. The doors have been spray painted in Teknos paint which has an expected lift time of between 8 to 10 years before they need re-painting so maintenance costs are a lot lower.

A Karcher Design handle was specified in Oil Rubbed Bronze which looks fabulous with the blue of the paint.

Our clients are thrilled with the doors and feel that they now have the seem-less inside outside transition they were badly lacking before.

Imago Lift and Slide Timber Doors · More Info

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.