matt_thurman38

Paint colours for connected kitchen and living room

Matt Thurman
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

Hello. I'm hoping for some advice on what paint colours might work well in a couple of rooms. Our basement is converted into two rooms - a kitchen and an 'other' room, which we're planning to have as a living room. The rooms are connected by a doorway (with no door) so you can see in between. Therefore the colours in the two rooms need to be on the same theme/complimentary/the same (I think). We've recently had a lot of work done in both rooms (see fresh plaster in the kitchen and no flooring in the living room). Please see photos below.

Previously in the kitchen two walls were white and two were Dulux Iced mocha, and in the living room three walls were white and one was a grey-blue. We quite liked the mixing of colours, so would quite like to try something like that again. Sadly the cupboards can't be painted, so will be staying cream/purple. We're planning on some kind of wood/wood-effect flooring in the living room.

We quite like traditional (UK) colours, but enjoy scandi-type colours too. We've been looking at grey and green-grey options (including Farrow and Ball's French Gray), possibly with some kind of off-white, grey, stone colour. Also got a tester pot for Farrow and Ball's Hay, but we're really not sure!

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.