peddlepower

hob arrangement

Daza
4 years ago

just wondering what your thoughts are on these hob and extractor options. the aim was to maximise space between hob and sink to its right whilst leaving enough space to left of hob. Option 1 does that. Option 2 looks more symmetrical and is the one proposed by the kitchen company.

Comments (4)

• Ellie
    4 years ago

Sorry, not answering your actual question, but your dining area doesnt seem to work, to me. 2m width wouldn't be a comfortable amount of room for the width of the dining table and to allow people to sit of both sides, and making sure nobody bashes the chairs into the glass doors!

• Daza
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I agree it's tight but it can encroach into the main kitchen space when chairs are pulled out (dotted line is an rsj above). The sliding doors are pocket doors through to living room and we are restricted to where that new wall can go.

• Daisy England
    4 years ago

300mm and 400mm is not wide enough for a decent bin. You need to allow more like 500mm especially if you’re planning on having a freestanding bin. Even the integrated 300/400 wide bins hold hardly anything.

I would also look at enlarging the Pan drawer set. 600 is a fair standard size but if you could stretch this to 800 it’s a far more accommodating width.

• Danny Jay
    4 years ago

They have the whole layout wrong and it is not only dangerous, but it won't work well as a useable space. There is very little worktop/prep space. The oven and fridge open into a thoroughfare and no space to put hot items down as they are taken out of the oven. This is basic kitchen safety and I would scrap it and start again.

Please look at my bio, I may be able to help.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.