ianweatherson

Downstairs washroom

Ian Weatherson
4 years ago

About to renovate the downstairs WC but not sure what to do with the windows; I think they look
Odd being at different heights and different styles; any ideas welcomed

Comments (9)

• Monica
    4 years ago

I totally agree with you, I would remove the small one and centre the slightly bigger one back in.

• PRO
    User
    4 years ago

I like quirky, so i think i'd work around them. I'd change the flooring and add in a bigger sink / storage unit. Work with that great green in the window. Definitely don't have a mirror under the small window. Maybe you could post a plan of the room and then mark the windows and their different heights. It would be nice to have a play with it.

• Jonathan
    4 years ago

As I think about it I realise the coloured glass makes decorating harder and perhaps the easiest think is to cover the coloured glass with white film.

• pjdklm
    4 years ago

If the rest of your house retains some of its vintage features, then I would definitely keep the windows as they are quirky and add character. You could easily improve the room just by adding a tall green floor plant on the right hand side... it would balance out the room and tie in the left side window’s green accents.

• Ian Weatherson
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks everyone some great ideas now for me to work with

• Juliet Docherty
    4 years ago

I would keep them and use the green as the key colour in a palette. Paint the frames white and the wall and then use a simple palette of greens, whites and charcoal for example. Cement tiles are very graphic and could look good with the window. here is some inspiration.

• rinked
    4 years ago

Embrace the quirk! Change the bottom of the frames, so they look alike.

Perhaps add several square/rectangular frames art/photos and mirrors to fill up the wall with different sized frames.

• Ian Weatherson
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks loving all the suggestions; great ideas!!

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.