wood18view

how to make dinning area brighter

Priscilla
4 years ago

Hello houzzers, I need your advice please. In trying to brighten the dinning area (pictures attached) and will appreciate your advice and suggestions. My living room is a through lounge with dinning area sandwiched between living sitting area and kitchen(flat roof) at the back. There is no direct light source to the dining area
The ideas ideas I have to make the room bright are as follows;

1. Repaint the living room walls white or similar?
  2. We are changing dinning table as it is semi broken ( pls see new table pic below)
  3. Introduce sky/roof light in our existing kitchen flat roof. Part of flat roof is leaking so it's been suggested to replace roof with fiber glass as thats more durable. Apologise for the mess.
    Im a novice to all this building works and repairs so I will appreciate any advice and suggestions you can give.Thanks in advance. pic1- view from living room sitting area with curtains up. pic 2- view from kitchen with sliding door opened. pic 3 - view from kitchen with sliding doors closed. pic 4 -dinnig table and chairs we are purchasing.

Comments (3)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.