petalnack

Box room office / dressing room

Peter Butler
4 years ago

Hello everyone, just wanted to share a project I've been working on since the end of 2018 which was to update the little box room, this has been a real test for my very sketchy DIY skills. Let's just say i'm never building a wardrobe again.

This was is the room, not the biggest, which is mostly used for storage and where my wife would get ready for work in. It had leftover furniture from when we first moved in, a ceiling light that was passed down by my mother and even the carpet was our friends who gave it us when they had a new one.

A stairs bulkhead also came into the room that was dead space so i decided it be best to build a storage wardrobe. This took the most time and although not perfect by any means it came out not too bad and save us a little bit extra money.

After the wardrobe was almost finished a new radiator was fitted as the other one was a single panel and was old... this had to be done before the flooring could be laid.

We re-decorated, then next up came the carpet ready for the new flooring to be started. We decided on laminate wood tiles as there are scratch proof and easy to maintain and cheaper than real wood.

So after weeks of planning and months of work here's the after photos... The room is 90% done! We just need fill the shelves and fit a new internal door but i must say all the hard work, time and money was worth it in the end. Every time i now come home i go into the room to have a look. My wife is very pleased to actually have fresh space to get ready in a bit more comfort.

Please let me know what you think or ideas you might have and if you have any questions i'd be happy to answer them.

Worktop - Ikea

Drawers - Ikea

Mirror - Garforths Glass

Plant and planter - All-in-one Garden centre

Chair - Homesense

Lamp - John Lewis

Flooring - Supplymyflooring

Ceiling Light - B&Q

Paint colour - Valspar Goose Feathers.

3 pictures on the wall - TKMaxx

Shelves and wardrobes - built myself.

Peter

Comments (17)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.