margokj

The Shaker Kitchen Company

margokj
4 years ago

Interested in getting a kitchen from these guys - but the reviews are very mixed and out of date. Has anyone had a recent experience with them?

Comments (19)

• Jonathan
    4 years ago
    I have never used them so can’t personally comment- but it does seem that someone has recently left a very bitter (making her look crazy) review.
    It seems they gave her a delivery date for an appliance she phoned them repeatedly about it but the delivery date remained unchanged- my view is that they gave accurate details and the reviewer is mad as a box of frogs.
  • HU-361818747
    4 years ago

Avoid them like the plague we had numerous problems with their customer service and kitchen they are a terrible company

• cedrictaster
    4 years ago

Would not use again.

• Home Bug
    4 years ago

Honestly the most shocking company I have ever dealt with. Our kitchen is months overdue and we can't use it. Have had to cancel family events and they have caused us eneormous amounts of stress. Terrible communication / don't answer phones or give out phone numbers / don't answer the question when you do eventually get an email reply. Design problems, missing parts, out of stock items, wrongly-sized cabinets. Just an aboslute joke. Avoid like the plague or you only have yourself to blame.

• Home Bug
    4 years ago

Oh and they still owe me money, which they promised to refund and haven't, so they lack integrity too! Shameful company.

• Lana Martin
    4 years ago

Our kitchen arrived damaged and poorly painted. They still owe us money and are now not answering phone calls or emails.

Don’t be fooled by the companies change of name, we have in writing that we would not be affected by this and then we have an email from the ‘directors’ that our contract was with the previous company, the shaker kitchen company and not the shaker kitchen workshop, it is still the same cowboys.

• Home Bug
    4 years ago

Completely agree. We were also active customers during the corporate changes and things are as bad if not worse. Have washed their hands of the commitments made by the "previous management" and refused to honour the agreements made. Utterly disgraceful company and I wouldn't wish the experience I have had on my worst enemy! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

• Heather Hill
    4 years ago

I had a similar experience with a different company and I found trading standards very helpful and they resolved the case for me. I would suggest you lay your case out to them and they will handle it for you.

• PRO
    The Shaker Workshop Limited
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

From your posting, we understand that your comments, dispute or claim relate to The Shaker Kitchen Company Ltd. This is a different company to The Shaker Workshop Ltd. To clarify further: in October 2019 The Shaker Workshop did acquire some of the trading assets of The Shaker Kitchen Company including four of their showrooms. Furthermore, we took on some of their staff. However, we did not take on responsibility for disputes, claims for compensation or refunds relating to that company and so, unfortunately, we are unable to assist you in this matter.

As a new business, we cannot unfortunately spend time responding to emails that do not relate to us - your continuous 'SPAMMING' of our profile is we understand due to your disappointment at not receiving either correspondence or 'compensation' that you have requested from another company. Posting 1 star reviews for a different company on our review platforms does not assist with either your complaint or give a fair a reasonable opinion of our business or our policies. We would kindly ask you to desist.
    Many thanks

• Heather Hill
    4 years ago

What I found was that when speaking with trading standards, they dealt with my situation in a very unbiased fair way in accordance with the law. So they are quite used to dealing with fed up angry customers who are desperately needing solutions and they are also used to dealing with companies who try to prove their innocence. Either way, and whoever is right or wrong, trading standards can help.

• Home Bug
    4 years ago

The Shaker Workshop are dealing with orders placed with the Shaker Kitchen and everything is still shocking. It's a different name, yes, and they may even say it is a different business. But it is the same people, same product, same terrible service, and same disgruntled customers. Just because you claim to be a different business, it is the same old shambles. No-one replies to emails, nothing is done to a high standard, products are still out of stock, we are still waiting for our kitchens, and everyone is still miserable. THAT is why you are getting one star reviews. Wake up and smell the coffee or you are going bust very quickly!

• Home Bug
    4 years ago

And to keep reporting and deleting reviews is embarrassing. No-one who is providing a good service needs to report 99% of reviews. To think that people don't see straight through it is ridiculous. If you used the time you waste on various social media platforms to respond to customers' emails and deliver the kitchen they have paid for you'd be in a much better position!

• N B
    4 years ago

You should only order a Shaker kitchen if you do not value your patience, self-respect, time and - most of all - hard-earned cash.

It would be too boring to go into the litany of broken promises, missing items, unavailable items, damaged items, substandard items, amateur rectification, unpaid refunds and total lack of communication. On this last point, don’t be taken in by the shopping experience - the showroom staff are great but the back office is hopeless. It is impossible to get a meaningful response from them.

Please note that things are no better under the new owners; they are very evasive and clearly have no respect for customers. On this page, you will see that the new owners are using weasel legal explanations to try to shrug off these reviews, which does not change the horrendous customer experience. (But, as they are being technical about their acquisition, let’s look at that too; I very much doubt they are servicing existing customers out of the goodness of their hearts. It is more likely that the revenue of the existing customers’ contracts is one of the assets that they bought, which means they have legal obligations to such customers.)

There is also a review from Mr Grunfeld, who is apparently the founder of the Shaker Kitchen Company (whose assets were acquired by Shaker Workshop). He clearly does not respect the voice of his customer, which explains why the culture of the business that he has transferred to Shaker Workshop is so poor. Legislation such as the Consumer Rights Act 2015 was introduced to protect customers against the attitude of businesses such as Shaker (in both its guises).

The business seems toxic so only deal with them if you want to be contaminated. It is an ugly experience.

• cedrictaster
    3 years ago

A company to completely avoid. We used them. Never again.

• Daisy England
    3 years ago

I simply hate it when companies rip people off. It tends to give us all a bad name and some of us bend over backwards to help people 😡.

• Maria Pennington
    3 years ago

Hi Melony

This is Maria . Pennington, I (with my husband Ben) am the majority shareholder and director of The Shaker Workshop Ltd. I am sorry that you have been ripped off by someone, however, that person is nothing to do with The Shaker Workshop Ltd. We don't actually have branded Shaker Workshop vans so I don't know how your kitchen was delivered in a Shaker Workshop van. Please give myself or my husband a call on 07811 963 126

• Melony Bryant
    3 years ago

Hi Maria. The kitchen was delivered in Nov 2019 in a shaker kitchen company van. if your company has nothing to do with the person in question, then why, since posting this review have we been plagued with messages from him, begging us to take it down. He obviously receives notifications or is in direct contact with you. His family members have links to your company all over their social media. He has even offered to get us more units in recent weeks. Last summer his sister answered your showroom phone, said she would get him to call us back. I am in no way accusing yourself or your husband of any wrong doing, however I suggest if your claims are true then you look into the individual I am referring to along with his family because they are giving you a bad name.

• Maria Pennington
    3 years ago

We acquired the trading assets from the person's father. We of course have his contact details and have contacted him to ask him to ask his son to deal with you directly. I have no contact with the person in question, have never spoken to or met him. We don't have your contact details, we don't even know what has happened between you and the person in question. Could you have the courtesy of contacting us directly as requested so that we can at least try to ascertain what you are expecting us to do? You said you did a private deal with someone for supply of a kitchen - we have no knowledge of this. Reviews on our platform are extremely damaging, at time when businesses are suffering - it is really unfair to post these reviews about our company, The Shaker Workshop Ltd when we have had no dealings with you.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.