jpenderby

Bathroom layout suggestion

jpenderby
4 years ago

I am in the proces of buying a new house, however it requires a lot of work including updating the bathroom. The current layout is below, and the bathroom is very dated. I could just modernise it and keep the 3rd bedroom as is and use as a study/office.

Second option is as below (which another house on the street has done) - knock through and create a large bathroom. The front bedroom is large enough that I could put up a stud wall to create a small third bedroom without losing much,

Option three (and my preferred one) is to create two bathrooms - one shower and one bath. Again splitting the front bedroom to retain a third bed

What do people think? Having two functional bathrooms would be useful and is very pratical, but which option will help retain resale value and desirability? Are there any other options possible?

Thanks for any suggestions/advice.

Current layout.jpg
Option 1.jpg
Option 2.jpg

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.