flick

Tablecloth Ideas for a Seaside Themed Kitchen/Living/Diner Area

flick
4 years ago

Hi,

We are struggling to choose a tablecloth for our dining table so I wondered what other people thought?

We need oilcloth as we have children and it needs to be hygienic. The room is 'gently' seaside themed and connects to the kitchen and living room. The table legs are painted Farrow and Ball Vardo green which makes the current table cloth a bit too monotone (plus too small and old and worn!). The kitchen is about to be replaced and will be a similar colour (F&B Lichen probably) and the oak floor stacked at the side of the room is going (back) down. The curtains are staying and the lightshade will be replaced, probably with a downward facing silver metal pendant like Ikea's Ottava. There are a few red accents around that aren't in shot. I like Cream's mini mackerel print in airforce blue but it is very expensive. Any thoughts on the other ones? Any other ideas?

Thank you!

Comments (20)

• PRO
    Louise Booyens Interiors
    4 years ago

I like the third one, it looks as if it will match with the F&B Vardo Green. (Difficult to tell from the photos)

I also like the fish suggested by shjuly.

I found this on Etsy :

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/607402811/oilcloth-wipe-clean-tablecloth-fabric?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=oilcloth+fabric&ref=sr_gallery-7-28

• kikiamack
    4 years ago
    Maisonsdumonde have coated tablecloths. They drape a bit better than oilcloth. Wipeable and machine washable.
    https://www.maisonsdumonde.com/UK/en/c/tablecloths-napkins-nbef5e1889438373e5d513a3f294164b41c4fdff
  • flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Thank you kikiamack , I haven't come across those before. I like the navy one and although there seems to only be one size, it's about right for the table size! Something to consider, and doesn't look too pricey either.

• flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago

shjuly, yes that might be a better compromise between grown up and playful, I think I've seen it around on my many hours trawling for something!! Thank you for the suggestion!

• flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Louise Booyens Interiors, thank you! Yes I like that lighthouse one too and I've seen it in both that colourway and a darker one. My reticence with that design as with many others is that 1) I think the design is too big and also unidirectional and 2) the overall colour is too pale as there is too much background. Some of the ones I have suggested have these issues too. Am I getting too picky?!

• Sonia
    4 years ago

I bought one from Dunelm £10 metre and it was on a roll. They've got loads of designs online. Search pvc cloth on a roll at Dunelm. Here’s a few I found:-

Nn

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Not all of them loaded properly so here goes again!

• flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you forzaitalia! I hadn't looked at Dunelm for tablecloths before, and I like that Safi Seafoam one!

• PRO
    Louise Booyens Interiors
    4 years ago

No, not at all! You have to get it right. What about stripes?

• Victoria
    4 years ago
    Loads here
    https://www.tableprotectordirect.co.uk/seaside?p=2

I cut mine to size and staple gun them to the underside of the table. Gives a great finish.
  • Victoria
    4 years ago
    Only snap I have, not there currently.
  • flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you Victoria! Yes there are a few potentials on that site too!

I will have to keep mulling it over with my husband I think, and work out whether we can justify the extra cost of the Cream of Cornwall one or not...thank you all for the input!

• Victoria
    4 years ago
    Sign up for emails from them, they do offers, and there might be one this BH weekend.
  • flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Hi everyone, thank you for the input, I thought you'd like to know we finally finished the decorating and bought a tablecloth!

• Sonia
    4 years ago

Which one did you choose?

• flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I'm trying and failing to put some pictures up so you can see!

• flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago

It's the first one I posted in the original question. I'll try to get some photos up later!

• flick
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Nope still not working, not sure what I am doing wrong :-(

• Gabby Wong
    4 years ago

It can take ages to load - need to go from faded to fully opaque/bright colours (I often find it quicker on the app - but know lots of people hate it! Lol )

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.