bubblesbathrooms

Very bright paint colour

bubbles bathrooms and tiles
26 April, 2019
last modified: 26 April, 2019

What do you guys think of this paint colour with these tiles?

• E D

Don't think it works. Made worse by the two different shades of tiles (or is that just a trick of the light in the photo of the bath/shower?).

• minnie101

Not for me, sorry. I don't like the colours together and just don't think that shade of blue works in a bathroom

• tamp75
    Sorry, not for me either but I like your towels & wonder whether a dark blue / navy would work on the walls instead?
  • Patrina
    The colours don't work they somehow look ..a bit dated.
  • jenniecollins
    I think the problem is that you are mixing a very cool colour of paint, blue, with warm tones (wood floor, tiles). Perhaps you would like a very pale mossy green? My favourite colour combined with wood and white.
  • E D

Bubbles, is this what the client wanted?

• Mary Mary
    Sorry but it just jars against each other
    colourhappy

They are clashing because they are two complementary colours of the same tone, just not working. That pale blue is not welcoming.

• Ribena Drinker

It's a "no" from me too.

I think it looks dreadful, it makes the room look cold and uninviting - sorry.

• E D

Why does everyone say ‘sorry’?

Bubbles wants to know our (honest, surely) opinion...

:-)

• Jonathan
    I agree that an earthy colour would fit better.
    In my opinion I think a taller cabinet on the wall behind the wc would be better than having two cabinets that don’t match, especially as one it not easy to access.
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles

Absolutely ED! The client chose it, the tiles on the walls are the same with a wood effect flooring. I though a very pale green would have worked nicely. It's definitive different but the client is happy which is the main thing! We appreciate your opinions though.

• Ribena Drinker

I agree with Jonathan about the cabinets.

• H

Love those vanity units. What make/brand are they? Where did you get them?

• Ribena Drinker

Errr H, as to where they got them from, I'd hazard a guess as retailers they supply and sell them, just a stab in the dark though.....

• Sonia

I like the turquoise paint but I don’t like the tiles at all. Beige and boring. If the tiles were white, then that would be a different story........ :-)

• rinq

Even though I see plenty of images on here with exactly that combination, I still think it should have been a few shades darker (even just a few), perhaps a bit of grey/green/indigo in it. Because beige and blue can be friends:

Asian Inspired · More Info

New Construction Family Home · More Info

Reforma integral de vivienda en Bilbao: dormitorios y baños · More Info

Master bedroom and bath refresh · More Info

colourhappy

I would have gone for a dark chocolatey brown.

bubbles bathrooms and tiles

The units are from Mereway Bathrooms.

The paint colour and layout i agree with alot of isn't my cup of tea but as a bathroom company you work with the space you have and what the client wants They love it and we have had some lovely feedback from neighbours which is a plus for us.