bubblesbathrooms

Very bright paint colour

bubbles bathrooms and tiles
26 April, 2019
last modified: 26 April, 2019

What do you guys think of this paint colour with these tiles?

Comments (19)

• E D

Don't think it works. Made worse by the two different shades of tiles (or is that just a trick of the light in the photo of the bath/shower?).

• minnie101

Not for me, sorry. I don't like the colours together and just don't think that shade of blue works in a bathroom

• tamp75
    Sorry, not for me either but I like your towels & wonder whether a dark blue / navy would work on the walls instead?
  • Patrina
    The colours don't work they somehow look ..a bit dated.
  • jenniecollins
    I think the problem is that you are mixing a very cool colour of paint, blue, with warm tones (wood floor, tiles). Perhaps you would like a very pale mossy green? My favourite colour combined with wood and white.
  • E D

Bubbles, is this what the client wanted?

• Mary Mary
    Sorry but it just jars against each other
  • PRO
    colourhappy

They are clashing because they are two complementary colours of the same tone, just not working. That pale blue is not welcoming.

• Ribena Drinker

It's a "no" from me too.

I think it looks dreadful, it makes the room look cold and uninviting - sorry.

• E D

Why does everyone say ‘sorry’?

Bubbles wants to know our (honest, surely) opinion...

:-)

• Jonathan
    I agree that an earthy colour would fit better.
    In my opinion I think a taller cabinet on the wall behind the wc would be better than having two cabinets that don’t match, especially as one it not easy to access.
  • PRO

Absolutely ED! The client chose it, the tiles on the walls are the same with a wood effect flooring. I though a very pale green would have worked nicely. It's definitive different but the client is happy which is the main thing! We appreciate your opinions though.

• Ribena Drinker

I agree with Jonathan about the cabinets.

• H

Love those vanity units. What make/brand are they? Where did you get them?

• Ribena Drinker

Errr H, as to where they got them from, I'd hazard a guess as retailers they supply and sell them, just a stab in the dark though.....

• Sonia

I like the turquoise paint but I don’t like the tiles at all. Beige and boring. If the tiles were white, then that would be a different story........ :-)

• rinq

Even though I see plenty of images on here with exactly that combination, I still think it should have been a few shades darker (even just a few), perhaps a bit of grey/green/indigo in it. Because beige and blue can be friends:

Asian Inspired · More Info

New Construction Family Home · More Info

Reforma integral de vivienda en Bilbao: dormitorios y baños · More Info

Master bedroom and bath refresh · More Info

• PRO
    colourhappy

I would have gone for a dark chocolatey brown.

• PRO

The units are from Mereway Bathrooms.

The paint colour and layout i agree with alot of isn't my cup of tea but as a bathroom company you work with the space you have and what the client wants They love it and we have had some lovely feedback from neighbours which is a plus for us.

Ireland
Tailor my experience using cookies

By continuing to browse this site or use this app, I agree the Houzz group may use cookies and similar technologies to improve its products and services, serve me relevant content and to personalise my experience. Learn more.