jolitaa

LVT flooring - Malmo flooring

jolitaa
5 years ago
Hi, can somebody advise if LVT flooring rigit easy to put together and if it is hard wearing? as we have a very busy home :)

Any advise on a good make would appreciate :)

Comments (4)

• User
    5 years ago

Can't vouch for "Malmo", Jolitaa, but can say that in general, LVTs are very easy to live with when dealing with a busy household. Resilience and low on maintenance are the main benefits you gain.

However, you do need to make sure your chosen LVT reproduces the natural look of the wood or stone effect it is imitating. Cheap Chinese imports don't look as authentic as the major brands. They are cheaper but they don't look great and are likely to not perform as well either.

Would we recommend LVT products? You betcha!

Do we recommend Malmo? Erm… not heard of the product so currently would't say yay or nay! If you forward a link as to where we can view it online we'll give you our impartial thoughts, if that's any use for you.

Bye for now.

The Flooring Gurus!

Due diligence:

Always check out your potential suppliers before commissioning your work. Take a look at our TrustPilot reviews here. We currently score 9.4/10

• jolitaa
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks for reply and advise

https://malmoflooring.com

I am interested in rigid which comes with underlying
  • User
    5 years ago

Thanks for the link which has help us understand this product is part of IDS' collection, This means they import the product from somewhere and re-brand it under their own name/label, in this case, as "Malmo"

We still do not know, unfortunately, which product they have re-branded but IDS are a reputable UK-wide company and their LVT will probably be a good product.

Rigid core LVT is the new generation of LVT flooring and generally is pretty robust.

Here are some other viable alternatives to consider:

Amtico -> Click here for manufacturer's site. Click here to view on our site, with prices.

Polyflor -> Click here for manufacturer's site. Click here to view on our site, with prices.

Cavalio -> Click here for manufacturer's site. Click here to view on our site, with prices.

Natural Solutions -> Click here for manufacturer's site. Click here to view on our site with prices.

If you want to learn more about the benefits and advantages behind luxury vinyl tiles (aka LVT), why not have a read of our blog, explaining all about Amtico by clicking here.

We're cute, we're cuddly… we're the Flooring Gurus!

t: 01622 790 356

e: info@flooringmegastore.co.uk

Unsure of our credentials?

Check out our independent, high scoring Trustpilot reviews -> https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/flooringmegastore.co.uk. We currently score 9.4/10

• Ted
    last year

We had Malmo fitted at our last house, it got one decent scratch on it from moving a heavy dining table, but I don't think many floors would have held up to that. I thought it looked great and currently trying to decide whether to get same again but I cant vouch for longevity as we were only there a year with it.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.