moe277

Full Wall Bookcase

moe277
5 years ago
Hi everyone, we have moved into a lovely house and are looking for much-needed storage solutions.

We’d like to put in a custom-designed bookcase to cover this wall and the alcove on the right on the photo with cupboards at the bottom as we have an intrepid one year old who likes to explore.

We emailed a shelving company and they asked us to submit a drawing of what we wanted, but we are beginners to this and don’t know where to start!

Would anyone have advice of how the bookshelf/cupboard combination might look?

We know we’d like some sort of coving on the top, and potentially for there to be a space for our piano (if that’s even possible) as well as cupboard at the bottom, but that’s sort of it.

We have painted our living room walls off-white and have a pine coloured floor. So, also, if anyone has any idea of what colour they would recommend having the shelves painted that would be great. Will white shelving look too light?

We have a modest budget so any hacks or also welcome.

Thanks so much.

Matt

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.