sarah_l286

Awkward living space, help please!

Sarah Lockhart
5 years ago

I really need help and advice on how to arrange furniture in this small awkward lounge please. There are two alcoves with a massively awkward sized red brick fireplace between them and then a porch door and the door to the kitchen to avoid, plus the stairs are in the room. Oh and I can't block the old radiator as it struggles to heat the room when furniture is in front of it. So annoying. At the moment I have a sideboard in the alcove by the window with the TV on it and a sofa facing it creating a small path from the porch to the kitchen. But it doesn't leave much space in front for the kids to play. It was better against the radiator but then it was awkward to see the TV. I'm hoping to change the sofa etc for a different one, maybe a corner sofa or one with a chaise so we can fit all four of us on it at once for movies etc. I also need display space and space for books. And as the porch is tiny we need to fit shoe storage in too. Excuse the mess in the photos, this was not long after we moved back in! And i have put a plan with measurements at the bottom.

Help me dear Houzzers!! TIA

Comments (19)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.