webuser_855833840

Terrace ideas: hiding a vent structure

Tetiana
5 years ago
I have this ugly vent structure on my roof top terrace and I’m trying to figure out what to do with it. I’m thinking of some plants that would cover the whole surface, however I’ll have to provide easy access to the doors should there be such need. So I’ll need to find something to fit in very narrow planters on wheels or opt for some outdoor wall art, hanging planters maybe.. Would be much appreciated for any idea on how to work it around

Comments (6)

• Sonia
    5 years ago
    How about painting it dark grey or black to start with so it isn’t so “in your face”? I think Ellie’s idea of fake plants is a really good idea as the pots will be lightweight and easy to move. You can get screening fake plants on a roll so they’re taller. think I saw some at The Range but I’m sure there are loads online. Something like this:
  • Tetiana
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you both for the piece of advice, you have definitely given me some thoughts! The approach I’m considering now is picking stone textured grey paint, in a shade of grey present on the walls of surrounding buildings, and adding some artificial greenery behind the lounge set as a touch of vivid colour. I have some prejudice against fake plants however it indeed seems to be the most reasonable option here
  • Ribena Drinker
    5 years ago

We have a neighbour's oil tank and another neighbour's boiler room door in our courtyard, which obviously need to be accessed, but are unsightly, so we have long planters with trellises attached, which we put wheels on (two of which you can lock to stop it from rolling around). We have grown evergreen honeysuckle on the trellis, which is relatively fast growing but has the most gorgeous scent in the summer.

A bit like this

• Jonathan
    5 years ago
    I would put up a screen. It could rest directly over the doors and be moved as necessary or you could perhaps put it behind the sofa in a frame that makes it free standing
  • Jonathan
    5 years ago
    Like this
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.