webuser_71660

final bathroom design - semi industrial?

Tani H-S
5 years ago

back to my downstairs 'main' bathroom now most of the extension section and utility have been done as I know exactly what space I have now.

So to recap... Bungalow with en-suite shower room upstairs servicing master bedroom. This bathroom is to service 2 downstairs bedrooms and also used a downstairs WC (as no separate one).

It's not massive - unfortunately.

Final sizes (not allowing for tiles and any re-plastering) are 2235 width x 1880 depth (from the door to the sink wall)

Issues:-

Internal room with no windows. Was going to put one high up above the shower but East facing and another house in the way SO looking at putting in a Sun Tunnel instead - 14" seems to be the largest one. Hoping that will give us enough day light as we can face it South on the roof??? Plus spots of course :o/

Gas meter in the way so in the image I am boxing it out and will encase the thermostatic shower on the wall (left of the WC) along with some box recesses for shower gels etc.

WC will be wall hung but not sure the best way to do it (one on the pic looks huge!LOL) ie

We don't want a bath. Next best thing is a walk in shower but with semi-flush tray. Can't afford to do a wet room as ran out of funds so trying to make it look good but without spending a small fortune.

Want to go for a semi industrial style (ignore the marble) - perhaps worn looking wood tiles maybe (not sure if I can use those Victorian effect tiles in a 30's house????)

Plumber suggested the shower panels as quicker to put them up to save on tiling labour. I have seen some nice ones but they are expensive but not sure what would work with the bathroom.

Thinking black fittings maybe? Or a mix of black and chrome as not sure what the black finish will be like on products (durability?)

Any thoughts/suggestions/pics welcome/

Comments (78)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.