webuser_604692438

kitchen layout dilemma

Miku
5 years ago
We are thinking of knocking down the wall between the kitchen and living room to make an open plan kitchen and dining room.
We are moving the living room to the smaller dining room next door but should be ok size wise as we’ll be spending most of the time here as it opens into the garden.
My dilemma is I am not sure what will be the best kitchen layout, kitchen will be in the green bit, and the red bits are the door to the room and garden doors respectively. Besides the dining table I would like to be able to fit a sofa as well so it can be a sort of family room at the same time, I appreciate the size is not the biggest but we are not in a position to build an extension and having a separate kitchen is not working for us. We also have a stove in here (yellow bit) to make the placement of furniture more challenging if I’d like to fit everything I want to fit in.

I am open to suggestions to see what kind of layout will fit best, I am thinking U shape but I also I like the idea of having a breakfast bar but I dont know if it will be too tight.. please help!!

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.