sophie_bennett12

Big windowsill, no idea how to fill it!

Sophie Bennett
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I have a tiny little studio flat with a BIG window, and no idea how to fill it! The windowsill is 0.8metres deep and 1.6metres wide. At the moment I just have random trinkets in there while I figure out where they'll live permanently, the cacti will stay but Wandering Jew plant will have to move when the weather starts improving as the window is south facing and gets way too much direct sunlight; hence my inability to fill it with a giant plant. Had a houseplant expert look at some photos of the windowsill and the location, and he concluded that nothing other than cacti will withstand the sunlight in the window. SO, what do I put there instead?! I'm hoping for a big statement piece that looks cool from the outside; I'm not a fan of empty space and love being surrounded by 'stuff'. Any help or ideas will be very much appreciated! I'm a student so on a pretty tight budget but love anything unusual, old or colourful.

Edit to mention: it is rented so can't drill or anything :D

Comments (9)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.