sofiasophie

Dirt resistant materials for kitchen and bathroom?

so phie
5 years ago
Hello everyone,
we're refurbishing kitchen and bathroom and I am wondering if there are materials for sinks, tubs, toilets, shower screens that are water and dirt resistant. What I mean is materials which allow dirt and water to slide off rather than stick, just to keep everything clean easier. Or, are there finishes or cover layers/ treatments that can be applied to other materials (e.g, shower screen or kitchen sink) which can give the same effect?

Many many thanks!!

Comments (3)

• Jonathan
    5 years ago
    You could consider corian because it can be molded so that there are no joins or corners for dirt to accumulate.
  • so phie
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you Jonathan, I am very keen on this specific feature of corian. I was thinking more about a slippery surface with minimum friction, so dirt and water slides. I think corian has one standard finish but I need to check further.
  • Ribena Drinker
    5 years ago

Villeroy & Bock do a finish called CeramicPlus on their bathroom products, which makes cleaning easier.

https://www.villeroy-boch.co.uk/bathroom-and-wellness/our-promise/innovations/ceramicplus.html

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.