nazima55

Storage ideas...help

We have just had our stairs done and at time the space seemed like a great idea to put a plant. We, then realised some of sort storage would be good. Perhaps a cabinet which impossible to find or do we get a carpenter in? Help please!

Comments (5)

• Monica
    5 years ago

Hmm its hard to say, would a cabinet there impede traffic ? To be honest I would stick with the plant..

What's the overall size and can you take a picture from further out? to better see traffic flow?

• PRO
    NJH Living Spaces
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    It's exactly 36cms wide. I guess it would get in the way of traffic. We did think of painting a bedside unit and putting it there with some pictures above.
  • PRO
    NJH Living Spaces
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We did try this look, but it didn't feel right.

• Monica
    5 years ago

I would much prefer to see some shelving on that wall, they would be more impactful and at eye level so you could have pictures and actually see them. You can also have nice baskets that will help you corral all of those things that gather at the bottom of the stairs to be taken up. I dont think a unit will work or give you the impact you are looking for.

• PRO
    NJH Living Spaces
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks Monica
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.