claude667

Honed Quartz? Bad idea?

Claudia Cooper
5 years ago

At a stage where I need to start choosing work surfaces for new kitchen. My preference is for Carrara Honed (it has Nano Protection) whatever that means.

A few posts on here have suggested it's more likely to mark/stain. I care less about smears and smudges as they're more easily dealt with

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Sabrina Balsky Interior Design
    5 years ago

I would recommend Natural quartzite it is more durable and more timeless

• Monica
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I was under the impression that quartz is almost indestructible and best surface for an easy fuss free option? I wouldn't worry too much to be honest with you.

As it's a man made I cannot see it staining easily, I agree a honed finish will show marks and smears more but as you are not fussed both those I would say go ahead.

And yes Quartzite is gorgeous but at almost three times the price it was a no no for us sadly.

• Claudia Cooper
    Original Author
    5 years ago

yes, just checked the price of Quartzite. Yikes!

• Jonathan
    5 years ago
    All pale worksurfaces have the potential to stain but a surface finish will help- I notice Silestone have a finish called N-Boost and it does seem to stop liquid being absorbed.
    You might also want to check out Dekton which seems to be a similar price to the heavily veined Quartz choices.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.