kaylh

Decking dilemma- non-slip alternatives to wooden decking

kaylh
5 years ago

Does anyone know of a product that looks like decking but is non-slip and doesn't require treating? I want to create a seating area accessed from French windows. It needs to be raised as it will level the garden but as it is a Victorian house the vents have to be exposed. A raised decking area would be ideal, but wooden decking would be lethal in the wet weather. Can anyone suggest an alternative product?

Comments (4)

• Sonia
    5 years ago
    Hi, I have wooden decking and it does get very skippy when wet. I too am looking at replacing it. I’ve been looking at composite decking which is supposed to be non slip and virtually maintenance free, apart from cleaning now and then. There are many types, Deck Trek being one of them. My daughter has it around her holiday lodge and it looks very smart. Here’s a couple of pictures:
  • kaylh
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you. I will definitely look into it and let you know how I get on.
  • PRO
    Gripdeck Ltd
    5 years ago

Hi, please feel free to have a look at our website www.gripdeck.co.uk as we offer timber decking with anti slip inserts, retro fitted inserts if you already have grooved decking installed and we now also offer composite decking.

kaylh thanked Gripdeck Ltd
  • mattweeksdj
    5 years ago
    Literally just purchased the decking solution from IKEA and laid it down last weekend, it’s really good (IMO) search decking on their website. Sounds like it could be what your after and it’s easy to lay yourself.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.