victoriahertfordshire

Wallpaper Inspiration for Downstairs Loo, Please

Victoria
5 years ago
Hi Houzzers,
I quite fancy wallpapering my downstairs loo, see attached photos. Just can’t decide what I want, hence seeking inspiration. Anyone have any fabulous suggestions for me?
Thanks

Comments (29)

• Monica
    5 years ago

What a lovely loo Victoria :) Just so I understand better, are you looking for something to compliment the tile?

• Victoria
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Yes, Monica, not wanting to change tile.
    Just fed up with it being white, Karen, so either want to paper or paint.
  • Sonia
    5 years ago
    I agree it’s a lovely loo! Botanical prints are popular at the moment, you know all ferns and flowers. Or a nice rich dark green paint would look nice.
  • Monica
    5 years ago

Yes, picking up on the lovely green from the tiles you could go botanical or a lovely chinoiserie, a nice landscape even. So I guess stating a preference then we could all go searching LOL

• Monica
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I love this Cole and Son one *heart eyes*

• Victoria
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    My house is fairly coastal in style, so would probably want to stay in keeping with that.
  • KK1000
    5 years ago
    I would change decor, swap with something else from the other rooms in the house that way they are all going to have new look . Nice tiles. No need for wallpaper.
  • Monica
    5 years ago

The I would suggest a gorgeous textured grasscloth. It will add depth and allow you to still display your gorgeous mirrors and art.

• Monica
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

As for colourway you still have lots of options, you could pick the gentle blue from the art, go sandy so the dark green glass and the dark wood/rope contrasts nicely. You could go a deeper more inky turquoise, and you can choose something with a soft pattern but obviously scale would need to be considered because of the gorgeous tile.

Excited to see which direction will you take??

• Juliet Docherty
    5 years ago

I'm not sure I get why you want to wallpaper it. You have a gorgeous colour palette going on, some interesting things, lots of texture, art, lovely tiles. Why does it need anything else? I think it looks perfect.

• Victoria
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Maybe I’m just bored with it? I don’t really do minimalism ;-)
  • Ribena Drinker
    5 years ago

I'm with One Plan & Colourhappy on this, I think it's absolutely beautiful as it is. Would changing the bits and bobs of glassware and ornaments, give it a different feel? I think the stuff on the walls is lovely.

• E D
    5 years ago
    I agree, it’s looking really good already.

Sometimes you just want a change though and because it’s compact, a loo is a perfect place to experiment with colour and ‘stuff’.

You might even want to consider removing the mirrors and do something completely different, but still in a (vaguely) coastal style.
  • Sam Potter
    5 years ago

This is what I nearly used

• Victoria
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    You might be right, ED, maybe I just need to go shopping in my house!
    It just feels unfinished to me in some way.
    Cool paper, Sam.

Thanks for all the comments, Monica, Karen, kk, colourhappy and Ribena Drinker
  • Victoria
    Original Author
    5 years ago
  • Lesley Blount
    5 years ago
    Hi Victoria,
    This is our downstairs loo, I loved the wallpaper but felt it was a bit busy for larger living areas, I had to have it somewhere so the downstairs loo it was, it’s created a a real surprise for visitors after the more sedentary areas around the house.
    Just go for whatever you love, it’s only a small space so even if you change your mind after a while at least you haven’t wasted a lot of money. Good luck.x
  • Monica
    5 years ago

Its gorgeous Victoria, but I would need to see the sample against the tile. Scale it's important with any pattern you might consider because of the tiles.

Lesley bathroom looks gorgeous, you must be pleased <3

• Lesley Blount
    5 years ago
    Thank you Monica, we are very pleased, although the wallpaper was expensive we only needed one roll, I made the curtain from turquoise velvet which was only £5.00 from the local market, the most expensive part was the granite shelf which the basin sits on.
    Since photo I’ve painted the ceiling sky blue which has really made a difference.
    Just be brave Victoria, it’s not permanent and you can always change it.
  • Victoria
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    My thoughts exactly, Lesley. I will get samples of anything I’m considering first, Monica, don’t worry. Just getting options currently.
  • rachelmidlands
    5 years ago
    I’ve been browsing wallpapers myself and came across this which I thought you might like. https://www.wallpaperdirect.com/products/versace/coral-reef/143369 There’s a blue colour way as well. Do love how you’ve styled the room, those tiles are gorgeous!
  • Victoria
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you for your lovely comment, Rachel.
    I’ve seen that Versace paper, it’s a possible, but not sure colour is right.
  • kikiamack
    5 years ago
    Your bathroom tile and the marble reminded me of this room from a blog that I read. I like your room as it is, but if you’re bored then why not make a change?

https://www.blesserhouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Aqua-Meets-Urban-Powder-Room-Makeover-1-of-17.jpg
  • minnie101
    5 years ago

Hi Victoria. I also think it looks great as is! If you did want to go for wallpaper I personally would also go for grasscloth, just shown with similar vanity and mirror. Or maybe a more rustic looking fern like the middle Little Greene picture. The beach huts are cute but I'm wondering if they will get a bit lost in that colourway with your art and mirrors? The birds are part of the same Sanderson collection if you wanted something more fun

• Mary Mary
    5 years ago
    I’ve just redecorated mine today, Paper is from B n Q.
  • Mary Mary
    5 years ago
    PS would look lovely with your tiles.
  • Monica
    5 years ago

Minnie you and I have such similar taste LOL

Mary that looks smashing, are you living it on just one wall?

• Resh
    5 years ago

We have used a wallpaper by Osborne & Little called Barbary. It is blue in our cloakroom, but the green in our hallway would suit you well. It's quite subtle, but very whimsical and looks hand-drawn...

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.