james_askew73

Struggling to describe this style of worktop arrangement

James Askew
5 years ago
Can anyone tell me the way to describe this arrangement of worktop where there is a timber worktop mounted on top of a “normal” worktop?

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Hobsons Choice
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi James, I think you've basically summed it up, as there is not a specific term for this. There are 2 methods of installing a breakfast bar onto an island, 1 is to install it directly on the top of the base units and then the main worktop fits around it. The other is as the picture shows, where the main worktop is installed first and the bar top is installed on top of it. Either way you need to ensure proper support and fixings are in place. The main worktop will need to have holes cut when it is fabricated before installation so the bar top can be fixed through. It is worth considering the thickness of the worktop, as depending how thick is it will change the bar top height, which in turn effects the seat height of your stools. Hope that is of help.

kind regards,

Phil Harflett

hobsons|choice

01225 433511

James Askew thanked Hobsons Choice
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.