clintonbeattie

First Kitchen renovation with little money

clintonbeattie
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Okay. Hard to know where to start with this.

We have a north facing kitchen which is well over 12 years old. We moved into the house 6 years ago and it is just about usable and is not to our taste at all. I have attached a drawing with some measurements which will hopefully help with some provided advice :-)

I know it may not be possible but because this is our first kitchen renovation I would like to get as much info/tips as possible for our particular situation. I have read up on quite a few blogs etc but would like all the info in one place...here.

I think the best way to go about this is to ignore the colours etc as I have a rough idea of what will work. It is mainly the layout, how I can cut costs and what may or may not be necessary.

The top the image is the back of the house with patio doors to the left and window to the right.

The bottom left is internal set of doors from living area. To the left when you walk in is the oven.

I forgot to add the refrigerator which is currently to the bottom right.

WM = Washing Machine

TD = Tumble Dryer

First of all, can I improve the layout?

I was thinking of moving the cooker from the left to the bottom and having that whole left area dedicated to a pull out larder, ironing board storage etc?

You will also notice, no radiator. We a have a kickspace under cabinet heater, which is rubbish and the kitchen in general is cold at best of times.

Many thanks in advance and because this is the first time seeking advice, please let me know if you need any more info.

Comments (15)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.