hzdeleted_22864137

Need a fresh look at a kitchen design

User
5 years ago

I'm renovating my two bedroom, terrace house and would like a fresh look at the kitchen design. I've got a screen grab below with an idea of what I would like to do but fear that I'm stuck on my first idea and can't see better alternatives. Colours are not what i want, but Ikea do not offer much of a range. I'm thinking more in line with this scheme:

Some important things to note:

1. The incoming water main sits below the sink (this is the main reason for the peninsula)
  2. The box on the left next to item 9 is a column roughly 300mm [1'] deep (coming away from the wall) by 400mm [1' 4"] wide which contains a boxed in waste pipe from the bathroom upstairs and hot and cold water pipes.
  3. The doors on wall A are to storage under the stairs (left) and the lounge (right), the door on the bottom wall is a set of french doors to the garden
  4. Beneath the letters B and C is a single storey extension so I am reluctant to have the extractor fan (and therefore hob) above this as it will be difficult to get the duct to an external wall
  5. Difficult to see but item 6 is a tall unit with built in oven and microwave, there is a fridge beneath items 17 and 18. Item 15 is a washing machine, and 12 (peninsula bottom right) is the dishwasher. 7 is a set of drawers, and there are drawers under the hob, but everything else is storage of some sort.
  6. The draining board of the sink will be on the left hand side - I couldn't get the Ikea planner to spin it round.

One of main main worries is "flow". I am concerned that the gap between the peninsula and cabinets to the right is too narrow (currently 1200mm [4']) with the fridge there but I cannot think of anywhere else to move it to without causing a new problem.

The house is essentially a building site at the moment so feel free to offer radical ideas!

Comments (18)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.