stonehamkitchens

Copper in kitchen design - yay or nay?

Copper in kitchen design seems to be a trend that has stood the test of time, with the metallic hue continuing to dominate the market.

Do you like the look of copper in kitchen design?

Yes
No

Comments (11)

• Juliet Docherty
    5 years ago

Anything is good if it's done properly, but sometimes things begins to look themed and ubiquitous. It's the Instagram effect.

• tamp75
    5 years ago
    Although I personally prefer brass as a metallic element to interiors, copper has been used in kitchens from at least the Victorian era - think sinks, pans & ornate jelly moulds plus taps & piping. It’s one of those things that comes & goes but I think it adds an element of warmth to kitchens, and can look great so long as it’s not overdone with everything in matching copper tones.
  • Jonathan
    5 years ago
    I saw an Armac Martin Handle I like and they are available in many finishes. I thought the antique copper was a less bling way of doing copper and I really liked it.
  • Chris Goodchild
    5 years ago

Copper is great for accents and accessories like drawer and cupboard handles, lighting and worktops and splashbacks. I have used two pieces of half round copper guttering silver soldered into a tube to make the outlet for a copper cooker hood as the client didn't like the rectangular oulet that came with it.

Copper worktops are fantastic, the get better looking the more you bash and patinate them.

• carrigbyrne
    5 years ago

Copper is beautiful and warm as long as you don't overdo it.

• PRO
    OnePlan
    5 years ago
    A bit late to the party here surely -this trend has been out for quite some time ! Look to Italy for the latest trends in kitchens ... send your buyers /R&D to the trade shows in Italy for what will filter through to the rest of Europe some 12-18 months later.
  • Emmanuelle
    5 years ago
    I am not keen on copper... seen everywhere, too shiny, too pink, too new... However, my parents have an old copper jam making pot as decoration in their house; its patina is really beautiful...
  • Anthony (Beano)
    5 years ago
    Totally agree with @oneplan, Italy is when it’s at! We were over there last September and me being me, had to get to some interior design studios, it’s just jaw dropping how far ahead they are in the design game, not just in kitchens, throughout every room in the house including exteriors, most of my interior furniture is direct from Italy, just bought two new bedside cabinets for the bedroom and a feature chair to complete the living room, yes it’s expensive but I don’t plan on changing any it for a long time (last sofa lasted 20 years)
  • Aleksandra Arhipova
    5 years ago
    sure that can't be a 2019 trend!! it's been around for at least 5 years and is firmly on its way out.
  • PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    4 years ago

I love it! trends come and go but i think alot of trends stay longer than the use too.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.