mattweeksdj

Living room transformation

mattweeksdj
12 March, 2019
Hi all, you may recall a previous post where I was requesting some help re decoration....

I have now spent the past couple of days and transformed the room. Thankfully the canvas no longer looks out of place as that is what triggered the whole thing....

One photo taken during the day and the other just now, hence the light changes!

Thanks for all of your help getting to this point.

• mattweeksdj
    Oh and here is the link to the previous post with the before pics: https://www.houzz.co.uk/discussions/5617994/decoration-help
  • T Gray

Looking great!

• Huw Buckley
    love that blue, which one is it?
  • Danielle H
    It may have been asked on the previous thread (I’m being lazy and haven’t checked) where did you get your canvas? Is it a print or an original? I’ve been looking for something similar.
    Room looks great too :)
  • Gabby
    Well done! It looks great!
  • Gabby
    Well done! It looks great!
  • Gabby
    Well done! It looks great!
  • mattweeksdj
    Thank you all. Aching today - painting is not for me haha.

Still not 100% sure on the rug....was thinking more of a rusty colour?

Canvas: it is just a print and it is from Next. It is called Galaxy.

Paint: It looks different in different lights, sometime blue and sometimes dark green, it’s more dark teal. It’s actually a colour match from a scan. Will take a picture of the tin for you.
  • Jonathan
    I also like it although if it were me I would move the canvas close to the window and put smaller pictures above the sofa. And I would hang your smaller pictures a little lower - they are probably at the correct height but the picture rail makes them look too high in my opinion
  • Jonathan
    To illustrate....
  • mattweeksdj
    Thank you Jonathan. If i find more pictures then will certainly keep that in my mind. Wish we could have done away with the picture rails but didn’t want to risk having to re plaster.
  • Jane Hodgson
    Looks good - it would look great if you had a lamp on your side table with a navy lamp shade with a gold foil interior- it would really set off the colours in the canvas and cushions
  • Jane Hodgson
    Click on the picture to see my photo!
  • E D
    Yes, looking good. I do agree with Jonathan, the pictures are hung too high and I like his arrangement suggestion with the big print over the table. It doesn’t matter if the plant will be slightly in front of it. In fact this will actually look nice.
    Nothing wrong with the picture rails imo. I’m glad you kept them :)
  • mattweeksdj
    Thanks all. I think the pictures are perhaps appearing higher in the snaps than what they actually look like, they are at eye level.

Re the side table and a lamp. I would love that but the side table is actually a clever Lego table for the kids. The top flips over with a Lego base with all Lego stored underneath. We originally did have a lamp on it but it wasn’t practical.....ideally would do away with it all together but would be a bit harsh lol.

Was thinking of a new lamp for the alcove as opposed to the white one we currently have. Spotted this the other day in Debenhams, would it work?