webuser_71660

need help with K rend/door opening issue can

Tani H-S
5 years ago
Hi all, serious dilemma this time with an issue we have with our alu bi-folds and K rend.

So the traffic door is supposed to open out to the left all the way to the wall. We had to move the whole frame forward of the opening to achieve this as my rogue builder didn’t order them properly.
That was all fine but now they came to K rend and we have a massive issue in that because the bead is 1cm deep, if we put it against the edge of the outer blockwork, the doors won’t open fully. This is because the outer blockwork runs out by half an inch!! On both sides as well. Someone didn’t use a spirit level when building it :0(

So now we have a problem because the bottom of the door is flush and is fine but the top of the block work sticks out. The only way to open the door to a reasonable amount (leaving 1ft from the wall) is to move the render bead to the right side by 10mm.

So then I would have to find some beading that will not only match the doors which are power coated smooth black alu, but it will need trimming to a taper at the bottom.

Honestly, it’s such a mess :0(

Any bright ideas??

Oh and I did wonder if there were special hinges that would swing the door out as that would solve the problem! My door manufacturer said they don’t do them.

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.