caraline_cawthorn

help!!! What floor tiles do we choose for our kitchen????

Hi there, we are building our home and are getting to the nice stage of choosing things but it is becoming a nightmare for two indecisive people. We have chosen a Cashmere framed shaker kitchen. We have bought a grey sink and like the silk granite worktops. I wanted travertine floor tiles but been talked out of them by a friend as she thinks they will be too hard to keep clean as there are 6 of us, dog, two cats and outdoor animals with lots of mud. She has suggested a grey porcelain tile for ease of cleaning and to show off the cashmere doors. We shall need to use the same tile for the entrance hall, utility and down bathroom as this is all on one floor. It is a large south facing kitchen, with exposed red brick, which makes it a bit darker. I would also appreciate advice on paint, have so far thought a similar colour to the elephants breath F&B. The kitchen has only be placed in situ and is currently out so it can be plastered. We are then ready to put the floor down and the kitchen back. The first picture is a sample of the door, the dark grey sink, silk granite top right. Then porcelain tiles and bottom are the travertine tiles. I’m not sure if the greys are a bit too light. The top one is coarse so not sure how easy to clean. Thanks in advance.

Comments (8)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.