ambirchall1985

Dirty room to Bathroom!

AMB
23 February, 2019

It's not finished yet but I'm so pleased with the results so far I wanted to show them off!

We have had a bathroom created from scratch (no plumbing was there) from a small bedroom at the top of the stairs of our Victorian terrace.

The bathroom still needs finishing touches - painting (white), electrics, and wallpaper on the ceiling (Osborne & Little's Derwent in green).

I have posted the before photos first showing what it was like when the house was being sold and what it was like when we removed the furniture fittings and carpet.

• AMB

After photos... (so far)

• AMB

after...

• shjuly
    Looks lovely! Can I ask where your bathroom suite is from? That's exactly the look I'd like in my bathroom when we eventually get to it.
  • Lavinia Andronache
    The bathroom looks very lovely. But I would add a nice big mirror somewhere as I can't live without a mirror in the bathroom
  • AMB
    All of it is from Victorian Plumbing except the floor tiles which are from Topps Tiles.

Lavinia - the bathroom isn't fully finished yet but rest assured there will be a mirror!
  • janet_allen8
    Great transformation! Love it all, especially bath and tiles ... out of curiosity which floor tiles are they, very nice ... also what was the problem with the hole in the ceiling? Looks like lots of effort has gone into this ... do post final pics when done
  • AMB
    Thanks Janet. The tiles are 'Silvabirch'. They are meant to be silver birch bark effect. I liked them because they are a bit different from the usual wood-effect tiles out there.

We found the hole when we removed the bed structure. There had been a big roof leak and we could see this when we viewed the house but not the hole. The vendors told us they had had the roof fixed but when my builders came to fit the new ceiling (the old lath abd plaster one was pulled down as part of the bathroom fitting) they have found more issues and gaps... grrr... so I am going to need some more roofing work now...
  • AMB

We also discovered that the chimney breast was bring held up by, well,....nothing!

• janet_allen8
    @AMB they do say you often encounter more issues than expected when renovating but sounds like you’ve already had your fair share! I thought that hole had been hidden by the inbuilt bed ... good luck with roof :/ ... on the upside those Silva birch tiles are lovely ... I went with the more ordinary ones when doing our bathroom a couple of years ago but would have gone for these if they’d been around. Also from @Toppstiles and were the best wood effect ones I could find regardless of price. Looking forward to seeing end result!
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles

Looks great, really nice size room as well.

• minnie101

It's looking really good, love the fireplace too. Look forward to updated pics with the wallpaper! You would never know looking at that bedroom photo what it was hiding :( Hopefully you will have some good finds soon

• Victoria
    Looking really lovely
    Pro-coat painting
    What a difference, keep up the good work
  • Laura Ford-Thomas
    Looks fab! Nice to see a tiler who has put some thought in to the tiling layout, really like the tiled border instead of plastic/metal trim.
  • Karen
    Lovely transformation! can't wait to see the final result.
  • AMB

Finished the painting and put some finishing touches on place. I'll post more photos once the wallpaper is up.