west_timor

Whats the ideal energy monitoring and smart home scheduling device?

West Timor
5 years ago

Hey there,

A while ago I have gotten myself a pretty nice plot of land with a nice steady stream nearby. I am now slowly turning my newly built home into a self-sufficient little piece of heaven. In order to make it self-reliant I manage to generate my power from solar panels coupled with a waterwheel from the river. My energy consumption is therefore limited and, since I am turning my home into a smarthome anyways, I thought about getting a sophisticated monitoring and control platform to do this. I guess this is the most crucial aspect in terms of home automation so I want to make sure I do it the right way.

I have read an article on Crestron. And this seems to be exactly what I was looking for, so I was wondering how hard it is to install and if anyone here has some experience with it. Either way on first sight the interface looks really neat especially for a person like me that’s actually not that tech savy.

I don’t have a swimming pool btw, so I wouldn’t need these options.

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.