jonathandb1972

Nest Thermostat

Jonathan
5 years ago
Does anyone else have a Nest that appears to behaving differently?

I have set a schedule like all of us where the house is cooler while I am out but is set to heat it up before I get home. But it is consistently failing to heat the house before I get home. This is a recent issue and it was fine until a couple of weeks ago- is anyone else having problems?

Comments (5)

• acew1234
    5 years ago
    My friend had a problem with hers...I asked her if it was similar to yours..here's her reply

My nest stopped working and said it was ‘offline ‘ on my iPad & iPhone, not sure is this is your problem. It end up that they had done an update online and not all nests got the update, they ended up sending me a new one , took a month to sort and was a bit of a hassle. New one working fine.
    Ring their helpline.
  • Jonathan
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks- I have emailed them. I appreciate your reply - good to know I am not alone
  • Daza
    5 years ago
    have you tried turning off home/away assist to see if it helps? if its on then it will resort to eco temperatures when your (phone is) away. I had to turn that off recently as it wasn't detecting one of our phones at home.
  • Jonathan
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Good point Daza- I actually tried that week ago as I thought that might be the problem but it hasn’t fixed it. Thanks for commenting.
  • PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Seeing my son this morning and he's got one...........i'll ask ( one good turn deserves another ! )

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.