webuser_242866

Studio flat nearer waterloo

AG Interiors
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We were asked to renovate and update a studio apartment ready to let …..

The flat was in reasonable condition - the wood flooring and the walls were in good nick , the kitchen, was serviceable but outdated but the bathroom needed an overhaul …..

Before :-

After :-

In the kitchen we kept the granite, painted the kitchen cupboards grey, changed the handles, re grouted the floor and wall tiles and improved the lighting which all resulted in a complete transformation of the kitchen …..

Before:-

After:-

In the bathroom we kept the wall mirror , which helped to give the illusion of a bigger space, but changed everything else - new white/grey marble effect wall tiles, pale grey base unit for the sink, new chrome fittings - shower door, shower mixer, tap and heated towel rail and improved the lighting - now a much more modern , clean , brighter bathroom …..

Before :-

In the main living area, we painted the walls cream and the woodwork white , which immediately freshened up the whole space . We installed roman blinds at the windows and fitted new , more contemporary wall lights .

The challenge then was to try to create two distinct areas - the living area and the sleeping area which we did by creating two zones …..

After:-

With the addition of new, more contemporary wall lights, a slim console table and a mirror and picture , the hallway looks instantly more welcoming and appealing …..

The rug is positioned so much so that it denotes the living area and this shelving unit , not only looks attractive but helps separate the living and sleeping areas …..

The overall effect was very appealing - whilst small it was cosy and cute and didn't really feel like a studio apartment - it was quite a transformation …..

Comments (4)

• PRO
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    5 years ago

lovely transformation

AG Interiors thanked bubbles bathrooms and tiles
  • Carolina
    5 years ago

Lovely

AG Interiors thanked Carolina
  • PRO
    AG Interiors
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you Carolina …..

• Patrina
    5 years ago
    Nice transformation
    AG Interiors thanked Patrina
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.