clara241

Colour conundrum. Please help!

clara241
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am trying to turn a room which is approx 21’ x 18’ into a child’s bedroom. I would like to paint the room a dusty pink like the attached images. We have also uncovered an original fireplace with the bottle green Victorian tiled intact, so I would like to keep these. I was thinking of a colour scheme of pink, gold and green to tie in with the tiles. The issue is the size of the room. If I paint all of the walls in the pink, I think it will be too much. I thought about painting the ceiling, original mouldings and the section down to the dado rail (about two foot under the mouldings) in the pink and the lower main part of the walls in off white but I’m not sure if painting the dark part on top works or not. The room opens onto a small west facing courtyard and the light in the afternoon is lovely, but quite dull sometimes during the day. The overall look I’m trying to achieve is like the third picture. Any advice would be really usefu!

Comments (16)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.