tristan_woodward

Painting dado rails for two tone effect

tristan_woodward
5 years ago

Wondered if someone could provide some advice.

We have recently bought a Victorian house which we are doing up. We would like to paint the rooms in a two tone style, with the skirting board, dado rail and wall below the dado rail in one colour (something dark) and the wall above the dado rail in another (lighter) colour. Something similar to the picture below is what we would like to achieve.

My question is which paints do i need to use for this? I'm slightly overwhelmed by the different paints available. For my previous place i painted the walls using emulsion and satin for the skirting boards, but is there just one type of paint i can use in order to match colour/finish across different surfaces?

My understanding is that you used a water-based paint for the dado rails etc and emulsion for the walls.

Any help would be appreciated!

Comments (4)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.