helen_stringer69

Help with living room colours to go with DFS Zinc Teal Sofa please.

Helen OC

Hi we are in the process of redoing our living/play room. We have bought two sofas from DFS French Connection range - Zinc in teal. I'm at a loss for wall colours, carpet colour and curtains. I love the idea of using some mustard bright cushions or throws to add more colour too. I don't want to go grey on the walls as I've already got three other grey rooms in the house and husband says no more! Any ideas please? We will have one sofa (3 seater) under the front window and a four seater on the wall to the right of it. The TV will be wall mounted opposite the 4 seater. The other end of the room for now will be a play area but would ideally like to make that into a dining area at some point. Also vertical radiators at either end of the room (white).

Any help appreciated.

• Helen OC

Also didn't mention but we may add an armchair or two seater sofa where the partion wall used to be (can be seen in photos where carpet is missing) but we weren't sure on how the space would work so have left that for now.

• Alyson Jones
    I would use the cushions showed with the sofa on DFS as inspiration.

I like F&B - Borrowed Light for the walls with something darker like a navy/denim for the carpet.
    Helen OC thanked Alyson Jones
    bubbles bathrooms and tiles
    last modified: 2 years ago

i love the colours suggested, you could also look at pale pinks and navy blues.

Helen OC thanked bubbles bathrooms and tiles
  • Helen OC

Thank you for the tips. Love the pinks and I hadn't thought of navy but I love that too.

• Helen OC

I really like this wall colour but wonder if its too dark.

• Sarah
    We have these sofas in teal and our walls are painted in F&B Cornforth White. It works really nicely but I can appreciate you don't want any more grey. The cushions we currently have are a rich yellow, with a grey throw, but I'm looking to tone this down for a softer look. I'm wanting to go for a mix of more grey, soft blue, white cushions next. I love the image that Helen OC has put up so would be tempted to try that if I was in your position. Not sure if it's appropriate to refer to other platforms here (sorry) but there are lots of ideas if you search 'dfs zinc teal' on Pinterest or '#dfszinc' on insta. Looking forwards to seeing what you go for when you've made the decision :-)
  • Sarah

Oh and if you do go for yellow cushions at all, I am in love with this wall art from John Lewis and think it would look so great with the teal and yellow combination.

Celery. Visualization, Rendering images

Decoration ideas with teal sofa

Mid Century Apartment in the City of London · More Info

Living Room · More Info

Horchow · More Info

Wimbledon · More Info

Helen OC thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • Helen OC

Thank you for all the comments. Think I am going to go bold and try a darker colour. Just trying to find the right one now! Wish I knew what wall colour was in the picture I posted above with the sofa. Plaster is in today so need to make a decision on wall colour for the painter in next week.

• Sarah

Hi HelenOC, did you decide on a colour in the end? I was just looking at F&B colour chart and wondered if one of their new colours 'de nimes' may work well? Looks more bluey/denim on the chart.

Helen OC thanked Sarah
  • dtheory9
    last modified: 2 years ago

I'm a huge fan of Crown Paint's Duck Egg

• Sarah
    wow HelenOC that looks amazing!
    Helen OC thanked Sarah
  • Emma Lamb
    Looks fab, love the wall colour. Big fan of Little Greene. Can't beat their colours.
    Helen OC thanked Emma Lamb
  • HU-866643520
    last modified: last month

Hi Helen did you find out that shade of blue colour in the end, I’ve also got the teal sofa combination and looking at doing the same, thanks, not sure what’s going on with the username but it’s Richard, Many thanks

• Carolina

Hi Richard, I'm not sure whether Helen is still on here and sees your question, but if you scroll back a couple of comments you'll see what colour they've chosen and how it looks..

• HU-866643520

It was this blue Carolina

• HU-866643520

• Carolina

Ah, can't be sure, but it looks a lot like F&B Pitch Blue. Keep in mind that colours that you see online will most probably look very different in your home, because the light will be different. Also, photos are almost always manipulated, and all screens will give a slightly different image, so even if they mention which paint they've used, it might look different in real life. Best thing is to try a couple of colours out in your room, not smaller than A4 size really, to get a good idea of how it will look.

Good luck

• HU-866643520

Ok thanks very much, because I’ve got a north facing living room I’ve decided to go white ( safe option ) but great advise all round thanks a lot👍

• Helen OC

Hi Richard I never did find the colour but we went for Woad from Little Green in the end which turned out really well I think. It’s probably a bit darker but goes well with the sofas. I accessorised with bright cushions and a bright painting on the wall. If you scroll up there are some pictures. Thanks

• HU-866643520

Thanks for your reply Helen, Yes I can see your work now, looks great, well done, I’ll put a picture up when I’m finished 😃

• E D
    9 days ago
    last modified: 9 days ago

Natalia, please don’t advertise here.