webuser_643999773

north west facing girl’s bedroom

Emily Wright
5 years ago

Hi

we’re planning on moving our daughter to the back bedroom as it’s larger and has more space for her toys and furniture

the only problem is that it faces north west and any paint I choose for the walls just look drab and dingy because of the lack of light

I spotted a beautiful print in b&q yesterday that would compliment her bedding, but I’m at a loss as to what to do with the walls.

her furniture is all white and the skirting boards and doors are white too

I was wondering if anyone had any advice please as it’s starting to get very frustrating

Comments (11)

• Emily Wright
    Original Author
    5 years ago

this is the framed print that I’ve found

• T Gray
    5 years ago

I bought the Farrow and Ball How to Decorate book (yes I keep banging on about it!) and it has a section on where your light comes from and a section on decorating kids bedrooms (which I haven't read, not a subject I need :) ). Perhaps it may have a couple of useful suggestions you could combine?

• Tryphic
    5 years ago
    Light and bright and warm colours. I think Dulux have a range for bouncing light around. We find Timeless an excellent neutral from their range, it’s a creamy white, not coloured, not a yellow beige cream and not a stark white.
  • Sonia
    5 years ago

I was thinking warm dusky pink but then I remembered I used Dulux Ocean Ripple from their Light & Space range in one of our bedrooms. It’s supposed to have light attracting particles in the paint. It certainly is cheerful. There are some lovely colours in the range which would go well with the bedding and lovely beach hut picture. Here’s Ocean Ripple

• Emily Wright
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I love Ocean Ripple from Dulux, I need to go and get a tester of that as it comes across lovely and beachy and I think it would look beautiful with the bedding

I’m thinking light pink blackout blinds for the two windows, which I think would look nice with the Ocean Ripple and then white voile curtains coming down from the curtain poles

• Sonia
    5 years ago
    That sounds lovely Emily those sorbet colours look so good together. Good luck.
  • Juliet Docherty
    5 years ago

If the light is cool and dingy you can counter that by choosing a creamier colour and it will read as white. I have used A dulux ivory in my son's North facing bedroom, it would look quite yellow in other rooms but in the North facing room looks like a nice off white. Pure white would look grey and grey would be out of the question.

• Jo@homeinWiltshire
    5 years ago

I've used Little Greene, Slaked Lime 105 in my north-west facing bathroom. It is a warm white and it works well. The other shades of slaked lime would have worked too. Pure white did not work as the nothern light greys it out. Nor did colours such as Little Greene, First Light as it looked too yellow. Grey - awful!

• Bethel Ankuma
    3 months ago

Maybe you could do a colour scheme with her fav colours🥰🥰

• Bethel Ankuma
    3 months ago

I already know

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.