tingpatrick

Integrated extractor fan for 110cm Rangecooker - which one???

Tina P
5 years ago

Hi, I'm currently remodelling my kitchen and want the over mantle/surround look over my new Rangemaster Nexus 110cm.

(Photo shows look I want to achieve- not same Range cooker)

Does anyone have any advice on what integrated cooker hood to go for without breaking the £600 mark?

Also, do I need to get a fan the width of the hob (i.e. 110cm) or will a 70cm width one do? There just doesn't seem to be much options on the market.

How have people found performance and noise of integrated fans vs a standalone chimney hood?

Just want to make sure I'm making the right decision! Many thanks!

Many thanks for your help!

Comments (7)

• Hilary Wilde
    5 years ago
    Sorry, those photos are dreadful! I have better ones I can post tomorrow if you wanted to see the hood better :)
  • Tina P
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you hilary, that's reassuring! Do you know the model of your Smeg?

Is it this one?
    https://ao.com/product/kseg78pxe-smeg-canopy-cooker-hood-stainless-steel-49985-4.aspx

Beautiful Elise cooker you have
  • Hilary Wilde
    5 years ago
    Yes, that looks just like it. I definitely didn't pay that much though. Although I did buy it through the cabinet maker though and I know he got a trade discount so that may have been why it was much cheaper. I can look out the paperwork, it was 18 months ago but there wouldn't have been too much of a difference. And thanks :) it's a great oven, I'm really happy with it.
  • Tina P
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks for confirming Hilary. I'll see what kind of prices I get from the kitchen supplier. I'm glad to hear that you reckon the suction power is sufficient
  • Hilary Wilde
    5 years ago

Ok, talking absolute rubbish clearly! It is the same model and I paid 599 pounds 18 months ago. I didn't get it through my supplier as he couldn't do it for as cheap as I got it online. I've just checked the website and I got it from here https://longeatonappliances.co.uk/smeg-kseg78pxe.html it's currently 439 with them. Good luck with your kitchen :)

• Tina P
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Haha thank you for checking and for your honesty! seems great price at the moment! thanks!
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.