lainey_hope

Combining UPVC sash windows with timber French doors?

lainey_hope
5 years ago

Hi all.

I'm in the process of choosing windows and French doors… it's looking very likely we'll go with UPVC sash windows, because we don't have the money for timber. Currently looking at Ecoslide, Ultimate Rose and Rehau (any thoughts/reviews on those would also be very welcome).

My problem is that I'm really not keen on any UPVC French doors but am worried it'll look strange to combine timber French doors with UPVC windows, especially as we were hoping to put slim windows either side of the doors. Has anyone done this and how does it look? Or just any thoughts/advice?

Thanks very much!

Comments (3)

• Jonathan
    5 years ago
    Mixing materials doesn’t matter. Instead you have to pay attention to the style of the French doors and make sure they compliment your sash windows. Ideally heights of windows, thickness of frames and horizontal lines meet to match up
  • lainey_hope
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thickness of frames etc is a very good point, thanks Jonathan.

• PRO
    Cherwell Windows
    5 years ago

Hi, have you considered a timber alternative windows and doors, which look like timber, but are infact foil wrapped upvc, therefore cheaper? I would consider Bygone sash windows (timber alternative) and Evolution windows for your timber alternative french doors.

lainey_hope thanked Cherwell Windows
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.