toonces995

Which Credenza Should I Buy?

Stephanie
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I absolutely cannot decide between these two credenzas and I'm hoping to get some opinions :) The first one (with the black trim) will take some work. I would probably paint the whole thing a deep cranberry color and definitely update the hardware. So this one will take a lot more effort and won't have the beautiful natural wood of the second.

I think the second credenza is really lovely in its current condition and would only need minor touch ups to the finish. It's a little "busier" than I like, and I'm worried mid-century modern is becoming so trendy that this piece will look super dated in a few years. (I know it already looks dated since it is, but you know what I mean.)

The last consideration is the price; the piece with the black trim will cost about $100 less than the mid-century modern piece, and that's including the money I would spend on paint supplies and new hardware. Oh also if it matters, I'm going to use this as a stand for a 65inch tv.

So which one would you go with?

Comment (1)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.