webuser_21289340

Fireplace in kitchen diner

Coldwater
5 years ago

We need to install a radiator in our kitchen/dining area because of an condensation issue and that side of the room being very cold! The room already has one radiator.

Instead of a radiator, we are considering an electric fire to make more of a cosy, feature area. Something similar to the below.

The kitchen is a shaker style, but we will be looking to add a more contemporary one in in the coming years. This fire needs to fit in with this style and the rest of the house. The house is an old 1700 farmhouse, and we've been adding a contemporary stamp to it, and trying not to lose its charm.

Do you think this would look odd in the space? Are there other options? Please see photos below of the kitchen plus dining area as it is when it was up for sale. I've also included an example of the fireplace style we're thinking of.

Thanks.

Comments (21)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.