stevemac2

Improve ground floor layout - Victorian House

Steve Mac
5 years ago

Hello,

We have recently bought a Victorian semi detached (originally one house) that is in desperate need of renovation. We want to get an idea of what to do with the ground floor before we start!

This is the floor plan..

Living room.

Kitchen

Dining room

Gloomy staircase

Pantry

Our budget is fairly low, and will be taken up mostly on a new kitchen, new fireplaces. However, we do have some ideas, like to knock down the wall to the staircase adjacent the dining room to have an open staircase. My wife would like to knock through the chimney in the dining room into the kitchen to create a large dining kitchen , however this is probably not possible as this is the gable end, the kitchen is an extension as seen below.

Our house includes the extension and the windows to the left handside, which is a window to the living room.

Comments (20)

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.