priscilla_denteh

DIY paint job.. Gardz maybe?

Priscilla
5 years ago

I'm currently working on my bedroom. I've stripped off the dated wallpaper and been left with a combination of paint and I think what is known as 'drywall'. I need to get the room painted ASAP and don't really want to pay someone else to do it. Looking at the walls, I know I can't paint straight onto it, but I don't have the time,experience or money for skimming. Can I get around this somehow? Perhaps with the gardz product I've heard about?

Comments (3)

• Priscilla
    Original Author
    5 years ago

• Emmanuelle
    5 years ago
    Have you thought about using lining paper to paint? It would get rid of small imperfections, with less prep! Otherwise, before sealing with any sealant, you would have to fill , sand, fill , sand etc... until walls are smooth! Sorry, never used guardz, so cannot comment on it!
  • rachelmidlands
    5 years ago
    Not used Gardz either but just had a quick look and does come with good reviews. So don’t see no reason why it shouldn’t do the job. Still feel that you’d need to sand the any rough edges smooth before applying. We had similar when we stripped old wallpaper off one of our ceilings but ended up using lining paper then painting.
Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.