londontherapist

Colour advice needed for therapy office

Business_Name_Placeholder
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi Houzzers....I have a small office (not at home) where I see my therapy clients. My current office (and existing colour scheme) is attached:). I haven't changed the colour scheme in five years and feel it's time.

I will be redecorating the week prior to Christmas, specifically repainting my walls and replacing my green chairs with grey chairs (also attached). I've already sourced my chairs but I need guidance on two things:

1) Wall colour: I have 2 feature walls (currently green)-I was thinking of painting them either light grey/silver or a very light purple (i.e., lilac). I have a purple blind that I will *not* be replacing so I am trying to choose a colour scheme around the purple blind. I've read that silver/grey go well with purple.

2) I'm struggling to source a side table (to replace the wooden one in the middle)-my current wooden table is too high...it's 60cm and I'd like it to be a little shorter in height (it currently feels like an obstacle between me and my client) but I do need a table between us where we can keep our glasses of water, box of tissues, clipboards/notepads (I do coaching so we take notes, etc). I don't want to spend a fortune on the table because I will probably change my colour scheme in another 3-4 years.

My Q. is: what table colour would you go for, given my chairs will be dark grey-I want to break up the grey a bit, especially if my walls will be light silver (I can do silver *or* lilac walls) or some other colour if it goes.

I should mention that the majority of my clients are corporate clients which is why I thought silver walls might be preferable over lilac. Bless them that they have tolerated my lime green walls for five years:).

Any advice/guidance/thoughts would be most appreciated! Thanks!

Comments (63)

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Carolina-you're a wizz:). Thanks for putting the above image together for me. I love the colours too, I'm just wondering if it's a bit much for a work office (where I see clients) as opposed to my own home office, and think Man About The House might have a point re-sticking to neutral colours. It's so difficult-I'm trying to suppress my own personal preferences & think "what would my clients want". I *love* the cushions you found. One of the reasons I chose my grey chairs (they are more comfortable than they look) is because they come with a small grey cushion each. I could definitely buy 2 new cushions just for the purpose of blending my colours, etc. and love the ones you found. Oh dear...what to do! :).

• Related Discussions

Help with my living room

Q

Comments (49)
    I think it is a matter of who likes apples and who likes oranges. I am in Margo's corner on this one....but it is JM humble O. The purple tones of the grass mat wall paper nice, more modern, the gray tones, a little more traditional. So either will achieve a nice look, it's a matter of taste.
    ...See More

Help to jazz up book case/ book shelf

Q

Comments (27)
    I think you're making great progress. CDR wanted you to put them all vertical because she thinks only professionals should style bookcases. We are/were all amateurs at one point, that doesn't mean we shouldn't decorate our own homes. You're getting there! Just keep studying the photos of bookshelves that you like and keep practicing. Just remember to keep the decorations simple. Look over the beautiful photo above from Maureen again, and you can see that some shelves are still all books, and there are only a few decorative pieces.
    ...See More

Living room decor

Q

Comments (4)
    The perfect, clean decor-ed, living room....! 1. REMOVE ALL CLUTTER Get rid of sheets on coffee table and sectional Move toys, play mats, Xmas stuff and other general rubbish out Remove curtain rod off window Vacuum and wipe walls 2. COLOURS If you like contemporary and rustic looks - stick to the greys,reds,creams and wooden looks Arrange cushions artistically and in a colour order Make sure there are two of evey cushion. Don't have one odd one out Is the door able to be painting the same as the walls? 3. LIGHTS Are you able to get a chandelier or a lot of LED down lights? Don't get a floor lamp! 4. TV SET Built in TV Set hides cords, switches....etc... Looks much neater and organised TV Set at the moment looks way to low 5. DECOR THE WALLS Add a bit of ompf into the room by simply purchasing some large wall mirrors/Canvas artworks. 6. KEEP CLEAN Dust regularly, wipe blinds, vacuum, spray, mop...! ENJOY.! :)
    ...See More

Living space

Q

Comments (12)
    Move that desk setup from the left hand side - it's not working. Remove pictures and clutter. Paint the recessed area to the left and the recessed area behind the chimney breast wall a darker colour, this will make a feature of the wall. Have an inset stove if possible it will make the space seem bigger. You can get a metal hearth which can be put away for the summer. Replace wall lights with something like rectangular plaster ones that blend into the wall. Hang small pictures in clusters or put them somewhere else and invest in a large picture beneath the velux. Make the focus on that back wall wide and low. Place log burner low in the wall and get one that is landscape format. If you have the wiring in place maybe hang a HUGE pendant light (wicker or paper). Good luck.
    ...See More
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Man About The House-did you design the space above, i.e., 2 chairs, carpet, blind, etc? If yes, I'd love to speak to you! :).

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I just found a table that is the right height and dimensions: https://www.danetti.com/living-furniture/side-tables/emery-round-lamp-table

Am I right in thinking I can't go wrong with glass? (other than for the dust factor)!

• PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Hi, lovely to speak to you earlier..............not sure what the whole budget is, but managed to get the chairs under budget discussed.......was thinking something like this:- grosvenorfurniture.com

Also found these if you fancied more of an armchair feel, they come in cream or smoke grey... from My Furniture Positano lounge armchair

The Mercer 41 Harrison side table from Wayfair - bargain and comes in copper or grey. I'd go with the cream chairs / the copper table and the rug. I'd also order a shutter blind in grey and when it arrives, i'd go to B&Q and get it colour matched for wall paint, so that the blind and wall are exactly the same colour grey.

The rug i used was :- I Rugs - i'd go for 6 x 4 - but whatever you can fit in

and to top it all off a copper plant pot Jeongminlee.co.uk

The blind in Porcelain Gray with gray tape:- 247 blinds.co.uk

Total look £594.46 - Plus some cushions!

Business_Name_Placeholder thanked User
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

OMG:). Thank you so much for the above! I'm dashing out the door but will have a closer look in the morning. The armchairs tick the box over the 1st chair only because they are a little deeper and look more comfy. I need to check dimensions because the space is small. Thanks again-hugely! Will update you once I've made a decision. xx

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Poo! Just checked dimensions-width is too wide (90 cm). I can't have wider than 71 cm.

I'm quite happy with https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/armchairs/eker%C3%B6-armchair-idekulla-dark-grey-art-90402564/?_ga=2.10341424.488835724.1543260010-1608968419.1541463651

They really are comfortable-I don't want them extra comfy so that my clients start dozing:). At least I know I have the IKEA ones to fall back on.

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

P.S. Thanks so much for the rug www-it's a great site. I need to measure the space for it and then look at colours, etc. :).

• PRO
    User
    5 years ago

Found these in grey if that's where your heart lies - 51cm wide - Grosvenor grey brushed velvet chair. Must admit, i'd probably go for the cream chair, light rugs and cushions with the grey blind and wall against your grey carpet, otherwise...............too much grey.

• nasmijati
    5 years ago
    If this is a therapy office, I would immediately change the color(s) to something more soothing.
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks Nasmijati-what colours do you associate with "soothing":).

There are a lot of different kinds of therapies and I do more executive coaching than anything else. I've had my office painted/decorated as in the photo at the top of this thread for 5 years and business has not suffered as a result; it's all a personal preference. I also keep the main light "off" with a low dimmer standing up lamp "on"-it makes for a nice, relaxing atmosphere. I'm just wanting to update my colour scheme:).

• kikiamack
    5 years ago
    I was going to suggest an aqua/teal wall and found that Carolina had already mocked up a picture. I think that looks really good.
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks Kikiamack! It does look really good. I'm just not sure about the teal tables for my work office-I think it's too much and am now thinking of replacing the purple blind with a grey blind, which throws everything up in the air slightly. I've been using the Dulux visualiser app which is helping:).

• Carolina
    5 years ago

My thoughts: I feel that it's important that you feel at home in your therapy room, since you are the one who spends the most time in there. And I think that in a more homely environment people will talk easier, will feel more relaxed, than in a more business like or formal environment.

So, do what you feel comfortable with. What do you want to see when you come into the room?

Business_Name_Placeholder thanked Carolina
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Designers...I'm trying to see how this colour paint: https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/colour-details/chic-shadow will look with this chair: https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/sofas-armchairs/armchairs/eker%C3%B6-armchair-idekulla-dark-grey-art-90402564/?_ga=2.10341424.488835724.1543260010-1608968419.1541463651 and I'm struggling to use with visualiser App given I've only got a photo of the chair and not the actual chair. If you're able to put the 2 together for me, I'd be most grateful. Same for this colour: https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/colour-details/lilac-heather-4

I just want to see how the chair looks with grey and then the lilac colour in the background as possible paint colours.

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks very much Carolina! That was the exact approach I took when I first decorated in 2013. I suppose this time round I'm trying to balance my own preferences with what I think my clients would want, but you are absolutely right....I am the one spending most of my time there:). Thanks for that-it really makes sense!

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Here are both colours. Word of warning: always test colours out on the walls in the actual space. Because light really affects colour and you'll need to see whether it works with the carpet too. Chic Shadow

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Lilac Heather.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

To me the grey seems warmer. The lilac feels cold. But again, test colours out in the room.

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Carolina-you are a star! Thanks a million for putting those together for me. Much appreciated. xx

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Just to say: I really like the teal combo that you put together-I'm just not sure it's neutral enough for my purpose. If I were to go with the chic shadow paint colour, would grey blinds be too much grey in the room/would you recommend sticking with my existing purple blind? I'm expecting some grey blind samples in the post any day-I'm open to changing my blind colour but as my blind was more expensive than any of my furniture, I'd like to keep it if it works with my colour scheme. I'm just wondering how else to bring some colour into the room other than throwing a couple of cushions on the chairs? The chairs are not so deep that my clients will want to leave them on, while they're sitting on the chairs-I usually throw my cushion on the floor! So really, if I did use cushions to bring in some colour, they'd only be for decor purposes and probably get thrown on the floor during each session. :)

• Carolina
    5 years ago

And just because I enjoy playing around with stuff, and assuming you still like green, I've added some accessories. Obviously a very different feel than what MATH is creating for you.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Crossed posts. You could use art.

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks very much Carolina! Yes, I do still like green:). The teal tables also come in a shiny white-what are your thoughts on white tables? I'm still leaning toward the glass table that you incorporated in the two images above, but in the event I opt for a coloured table and decide against teal-how do you think white would look? https://www.danetti.com/tables/side-tables/pebble-high-gloss-side-tables

-I'm going into session shortly so may be a little slow to reply for a few hours. xx

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Just to add: I think I prefer the multi coloured cushions you added earlier on in the thread:). https://www.wayfair.co.uk/home-decor/pdp/latitude-vive-norred-scatter-cushion-tyne1101.html?piid=20641954

• Carolina
    5 years ago

White tables, purple Ikea rug...

• kikiamack
    5 years ago
    I was wondering if you could cut down the legs on your existing table as it adds some natural warmth, or try a different wood table.
    Business_Name_Placeholder thanked kikiamack
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks Kikiamack-I can't cut the legs of the existing table (IKEA) but appreciate your thoughts on the warmth of the wood. I may be able to find another wooden table, similar size:). Thanks!

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks for the image of the white tables and purple rug Carolina! I've seen that IKEA rug-it's too large for my space but I like the colour. Having been at work this afternoon, I really like my green chairs and wonder if I could get away with keeping them, but painting my wall grey. I'm so confused I think I need a day or two away from this. This shouldn't be such a headache-I have much bigger health-related things I'm dealing with at the moment- this shouldn't be causing me this amount of stress. Thank you for all of your input. xx

• Juliet Docherty
    5 years ago

I would replace the blind as trying to get everything working around it seems tricky. A warm wooden blind may look better and purple is such a marmite colour.

Business_Name_Placeholder thanked Juliet Docherty
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks ColourHappy! I was thinking of replacing it with a grey blind. I have wooden ones at home but I find them a bit "blah"....perhaps cause I've had them for 13 years. I'm waiting to receive my grey samples in the post and will have a better idea then what to do with the blind. Thanks for your thoughts though-I'm open to all ideas! :).

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I found these chairs: https://www.wayfair.co.uk/furniture/pdp/langley-street-elizabeth-fabric-armchair-amwa1073.html?piid=24854006 They are slightly narrower than the IKEA ones that I like but they look softer, however I don't know *if* they are softer because I can't test them out, whereas I did sit on the IKEA one and it was fine. It's so difficult shopping for furniture on-line for that very reason...comfort testing. Hmmm...

• nasmijati
    5 years ago
    After reading more about your work, I understand that you do executive coaching and not psychotherapy. Your clients probably need to be stimulated/coached to be problem solvers, so a "calm" color scheme for a psychotherapy office might not suit the needs of your practice.

You say you have two feature walls that are green. What color are the other two walls?
    The chairs at placed at oblique angles. What color walls does the client see looking toward his/her corner. What color walls do you see looking toward your corner?
    You have implied that the clients have tolerated the color.
    You have said that the paint blisters. Is that on the walls, or the skirting boards or both?

I agree that some art on either side of the window would look nice, as a "first impression" when entering the room. I am guessing that the room is relatively square and that you do not have a desk on one side, based solely on the photo you posted.

Also consider what you will see on the wall across from you when you glance up and what the clients will see on their wall.

I suggest the images you use on your wall(s) be from nature rather than architectural drawings or motivational posters. I believe looking at nature fosters more creative thinking and ideas for possibilities than looking at a bridge, tower, or pyramid.

You have said you wanted gray/grey chairs, but then wondered if you might keep the green ones. Check the condition of the upholstery carefully. If it is in good condition, I suggest having it cleaned. I notice the seat cushions on the green chairs sag. Perhaps new inserts?

I like the open rather than solid look of your little table.
    Business_Name_Placeholder thanked nasmijati
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks very much Nasmijati! A lot of Q's! There *is* a desk...to the right of the photo, as soon as you walk into my office on the right...before the green chair. I also have an IKEA bookcase on the left (directly opposite my desk)-you can't see either in my photo. I, too, think that my green chairs are a little worn-the reason I like them is solely because they are comfortable, and sturdy, but not too comfy that my clients fall asleep. I don't want them being *too* comfy for the reason you mentioned-they come to me for mental stimulation and problem-solving. I do therapy but thought I'd simplify it by calling it coaching because I do both-I work with high functioning individuals...ones, who, for the most part, refer to their sessions are "meetings" as opposed to "sessions". Without going too much into my work-it's not that relevant....I just want colours that go together and that look professional for a therapy office. Think of a corporate work space with a bit of comfort...this is my office. In the photo the chairs are at oblique angles, but in practice they are directly opposite each other. My clients see a whiteboard (I use it to teach skills) and I see a green wall. My office has 3 green walls-the rest are white. I work in a very old building so I have more than 4 walls in my office. You can't see one of the green walls in the photo above.

I'm switching off for the evening...I need to give my brain a break from all of this-I know myself too well...if it all feels too much, in the end I will decide to leave well enough alone & I don't want to do that-I do want to update my office, but sticking with greys, and possibly purple if I decide to keep my blind. I'm away from this Sunday for 2 weeks so decisions and purchases need to be made by Friday!

Best wishes...M:)

• Juliet Docherty
    5 years ago

If I was to suggest any colour to go with the grey chairs it would be a terracotta. I am not a fan of cool teal (can look chilly) nor purple (too new age) so would go for something that warms up the grey.

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks ColourHappy! I agree with you that it looks nice. It's just not my favourite colour.

I've decided to postpone my decision on chairs, blind, table-there is more an urgency to choose a paint colour (I am going away this week-end, back on 16th and my painter arrives on 18th to start painting). I need to pick a paint colour before I leave, however, provided it's a colour that would go with a) glass *or* wooden table, and b) purple *or* grey blind and c) grey *or* green chairs, I am happy to take more time to think about my furniture. I do think my green chairs have to go simply because of the condition they are in-a bit saggy now, and I'm *not* an upholsterer:). *But*, I am not necessarily in a hurry to replace them.

With that, would a grape/grey or lilac/grey or just "grey" paint colour work with all the above options? (I realise accessories are relevant but I don't want to focus on those now, i.e., cushions, rug, and paintings-those are the bits that are easy to source)....I need to concentrate on the larger items...i.e., my wall colour, my chair colour, blind colour, & table colour.

So my first Q re-wall colour is:

1) Would you go for a light shade or a darker shade?

I found:

Chic Shadow:

https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/search?s=chic%20shadow

or

Natural Slate or Pale Slate:

https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/search?s=natural%20slate

or

Pearl Grey:

https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/colour-details/pearl-grey

or any of the Imperial Mauve's:

https://www.dulux.co.uk/en/search?s=imperial%20mauve

I do want a couple of accent walls (the rest of the office is white)-it looks fine (I'm not changing the White), *but* I don't know whether to go dark, or a lighter shade for the accent walls. My purple blind is a dark purple (see attached for sample of my current blind); I will be receiving 4 samples of various greys over the next few days & only then will I decide whether to change my blind. My current blind has 25 mm slats....the grey samples will be of 50 mm slats.

So my main Q. is: which paint colour would I be safe with & that will go with grey chairs (or my green ones if I don't source my chairs in time for my paint job), a wooden or glass table, and a purple or grey blind?

Thanks for any guidance you can give re-a neutral enough paint colour that would go with greens/greys/purples!

• PRO
    Painthouse
    5 years ago

If you like what Carolina suggested but want to go for something a little more subtle, how about Milo from our Neutrals capsule? https://painthouse.co.uk/shop/neutrals/milo/?id=54 You can see it here in this gorgeous dining room. The artwork on the wall shows how it pairs beautifully with purples - and how it's also really soothing. We have a PEEL & STICK COLOUR BOOK (with peelable, stickable, reusable colour swatches) if you'd like to see how it might work in your therapy office - let us know if you'd like us to send you one!

Painthouse Colours · More Info

• Carolina
    5 years ago

This is the thing when you put your dilemma on a forum :-) You get lots of different opinions and ideas. Which is good, but can be confusing.

I've tried to give you suggestions that are based on your purple blinds and the grey chairs that you have picked.

Anyway, I would look at a soft purple, something like one of these below. And I'm looking at the Mercury Shower or Soft Montelimar colours of the multicoloured pic. Unfortunately I can only base my picks on what I see on screen, since I don't have a Dulux colour deck. But I think that grey walls will be dull, since you can't really accessorise like you would in a home (I have nothing against grey at all).

I would paint all the walls, the white ones too, in a light warm purple (not with a cool blue undertone) and pick one wall, probably the one behind your desk, for an accent wall. Darker purple or even a grey or a green.

It would be useful to know the colour of your bookcase and to see what your desk looks like.

Anyway, this is just my opinion :-)

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Ikea has the purple rug in a small round version too

I think that this combination looks calm, not boring, not too girly and isn't a million miles away from how you have it now, which is obviously what you like. It just feels more 'mature' and calmer.

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Carolina-thanks a million for the above. Just to clarify: there isn't a wall behind my desk-it's a window, so that definitely can't be my accent wall but I do have an idea for an accent wall-it's a wall not in the pic! The bookcase is one of IKEA's "birch" bookcases, if I'm not mistaken. A very light wood. Thank you for reassuring me that having purple wouldn't be too girly. And I also agree-not with a cool blue undertone. My desk is a darker shade of wood:). I'm not at work today and won't be back until 18th to take photos of the desk/bookcase but they are as described above. You've given me some great ideas and am feeling more confident about keeping my existing blind-I was thinking that if I replace my purple blind with a grey one, I won't have much colour in the room especially if I opted for grey walls, and I also agree that grey is boring-I just thought it might be more professional/executive-but maybe not. I do want my office to reflect who I am-my personality, etc. and my business hasn't suffered thus far, as a result of having green walls & a purple blind:). I am also thinking of postponing this paint job until the new year so that I have more time to pull it all together-I don't want to make any impulsive purchases and regret it. I really appreciate all of your input-if it's OK with you-can I post some of my favourite purples (Dulux paint) when I get back from holiday & check with you that they don't have blue in them....I'm not 100% confident in myself:). xx Just to add re-the rug: I've spotted those rugs but even the small one is too large for my space. xx

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Carolina-do you happen to know which green that is in your pic above? I love it!

• Carolina
    5 years ago

Lol, I was afraid you'd ask that. I mixed it myself in photoshop. I call it Carolina's Groovy Olive ;-) So, no, not a clue what would be a similar real paint colour.

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

It's gorgeous! I'll have a closer look when I get back from leave. Thanks again Carolina-your input has been invaluable. xx

• PRO
    User
    5 years ago

I did you an olive wall with your grey chairs................I used F&B Lichen, but you'd need to try a few out, here are their greens

I kept your cushions and blind and threw in a rug from Wayfair

Business_Name_Placeholder thanked User
  • PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thanks so much N! I'll have a proper look when I'm back from leave. I like the grey and purple and the olive doesn't look bad. I may opt for a brighter green but it helps to see it the way you've done it-I really appreciate it. Thank you. xx

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I found this wooden table (which is a good height) but I think a tad on the light side. https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/madeanew/product/wooden-hexagon-table-side-table-with-round-tapered-legs cause I agree with Kikiamack that wood adds some warmth to the room. I do love my current table but it's a bit high and feels like a barrier between me and my client-I don't think shortening it is a simple feat:).

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi all-I'm back:). Happy New Year!

After a much needed holiday and some down-time, I am back on track! I decided to postpone the redecoration of my office till week after next so that I could take my time in choosing paint colours.

I ordered 10 tester colours from Dulux and have been playing with them at work this morning. It's quite incredible how colours on your computer screen look nothing like they do when rolled on white paper or your wall! I'm so pleased I got these tester samples. My plan was to paint my 3 main walls (the only walls that will be painted) a light lilac with the false wall (below my window) a darker grey. But having seen the colours on the wall I could probably get away with a light grey for my 3 main walls and a darker lilac for the false wall-ledge. I want the false wall to stand out and be approx. 2 shades darker than the main walls. Having spoke to Dulux on the phone the woman advised against certain colours as they would make the room feel "closed in". Because it's a small space I do need to be careful not to use too dark a colour for the main walls. I've decided I'm keeping my purple blind so am basing my paint colour choice around the blind, and the grey chairs that I will be ordering from IKEA...attached/uploaded somewhere earlier in this thread:).

I've already eliminated a couple of the tester colours simply because I find them too "baby pink"-as if for a newborn baby girl's room (i.e., Lavender Blossom=bottom colour on left) & Soft Montelimar 4=bottom colour on right). I don't want anything too girlie-most of my clients are men:).

I've painted 5 colours on the left and 5 colours on the right-hopefully you can make out top to bottom, etc.

I like Violet White (the top colour on the left) as a possibility for the 3 main walls, or Goose Down (top left), with Lavender Quartz (4th down on left), Grey Steel 2 (4th down on right) or Chic Shadow (2nd from top on left) as possible colours for my accent false wall (below the window). I love Lavender Quartz but fear it may be too dark for the 3 main walls.

So this is where I'm at at the mo! If any of you talented designers have any preferences or colour combination recommendations (I need two colours-a lighter one for the 3 main walls and a darker one for my accent false wall/ledge)-I'm all ears.

xx

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

This may be a better photo of the 5 colours on the left and the 5 others on the right.

• Carolina
    5 years ago

The thing is, your green does overpower all other colours a bit. You can't really see the true colours of your testers with that green glow. If I were you, I'd paint the green out with a white base coat and then go on from there. Or go with your gut feeling and go for the colours that you like. Take your carpet into consideration too.

And a happy New Year to you too :-)

• PRO
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Hi Carolina:). Thanks for the above-yes, you are right, the green is definitely overpowering, and I'm sure more so if you've not lived with it for 5+ years:), but I think I am so used to it, I am not finding it that distracting. I'm going to speak to Dulux on Monday to ask them about a couple of possible colour combos (from the tester colours), and once I get their view, I'll make my mind up. Thanks for your tip re-the carpet; I actually did put a few of the colours (on paper) on my floor, so that I could see how they looked next to the grey carpet.

I really appreciate all of your input...I'll post some photos of the office once it's been redecorated....hopefully all done by mid-Feb!

xxx

Ireland
Tailor my experience with cookies

Houzz uses cookies and similar technologies to personalise my experience, serve me relevant content, and improve Houzz products and services. By clicking ‘Accept’ I agree to this, as further described in the Houzz Cookie Policy. I can reject non-essential cookies by clicking ‘Manage Preferences’.